Why become a member? ×

Where are we all playing this weekend...

jonnythenotes

Is there anywhere on this site that can tell me we where any of the bands that we are involved in are playing at the weekend ? Whenever I am not gigging, a close second is going to see a band, but usually it means staying local, and seeing bands I have seen before. Is it poss...with a bit of help from the moderators....to put together a gig guide of the bands we are all involved in ? It would be great to actually go and see some of the guys who contribute to this site, but in a gigging environment. It might be a bit of a pipe dream, but should be poss in this day and age. It would require... county, band name, name of venue and a post code. Once the weekend has passed, the page is stripped, and a new page would start to build again on the Monday.

I've tried to make an effort with my latest project to list the upcoming gigs. What I've tried to do (and I'm not saying this is how it should be for everyone) is keep a single thread going and just keep going back to edit the listing on the first post (I tend to list all upcoming gigs for the next or current month) rather than creating a new thread for every single gig which I think just clogs the section up. If I think the thread is slipping too far down the pages I can always bump it back up with some spurious post which is valid as the edited gig list should always be up to date and thus relevant.

Edited by KevB

Would there be no way of using the Forum Calendar for this..? Just a thought.

Here's a dummy one I've just created...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/calendar/event/530-dummy-concert-announcement-just-to-see/"]Concert, Guildford, Saturday...[/url]

(Don't all go turning up; it's a spoof one..! :rolleyes: )

Edited by Dad3353

The good news is that the rehearsal went well. He's a very good drummer and seems like a nice bloke, and seemed into what we're trying to do. Spent most of the session working on one song, but by the end of it, we'd got it sorted. Took my wee Tascam along and the result was sounding pretty good (more bass needed though! :D ).

My first finger is raw and sore, but I don't mind after a good rehearsal. Feeling quite positive about it. Meeting up with the guitarist next week for another writing session.

[quote name='Skybone' timestamp='1479078210' post='3173819']
The good news is that the rehearsal went well. He's a very good drummer and seems like a nice bloke, and seemed into what we're trying to do. Spent most of the session working on one song, but by the end of it, we'd got it sorted. Took my wee Tascam along and the result was sounding pretty good (more bass needed though! :D ).

My first finger is raw and sore, but I don't mind after a good rehearsal. Feeling quite positive about it. Meeting up with the guitarist next week for another writing session.
[/quote]

Good raw calluses after a rehearsal are the price we pay to rock out ;) 👍

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1478895340' post='3172609']
The threads in the Gigs forum usually don't need much discussion, so the vast majority tend to consist of one post. In that respect, the forum is one long list, and can be read as such, or searched through using the search function in the top right-hand corner.
[/quote]

It is a good resource that is very underused. Would probably be more use to people looking for a band if it good be divided into areas like North West,South East etc.

Would that be a lot of work to do bluejay ?

[quote name='Les' timestamp='1479143444' post='3174294']
It is a good resource that is very underused. Would probably be more use to people looking for a band if it good be divided into areas like North West,South East etc.

Would that be a lot of work to do bluejay ?
[/quote]

I am not allowed to create extra subforums, so I will have to submit your suggestion to the admin/global mods team.