Why become a member? ×

Anyone else at vulfpeck tonight?

mrtcat

I'll do a review tomorrow when I sober up a touch but have to say they were brilliant. All of the band are extremely talented guys who move seamlessly from one instrument to another. Joe Dart is a brilliant player but he plays entirely for the song and grooves so well. It was awesome to see the whole place bouncing and singing along to their stuff and even the band seemed genuinely surprised at just how popular they are. I get the feeling that Joe Dart may well become a first choice session player for really big names soon.

For me last nights show was an absolute game changer... Joe darts solos are of course gratuitous by nature but the groove NEVER suffers. Just as danceable as the rest of his playing. Not sure I'd ever be able to dance to a Wooten solo! ;-)

However the vocal talent on show was what got me the most. I had an idea how good katzman and Stanley were but the warm up, joey Dosik, took me totally by surprise. Simply jaw dropping from start to finish.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1474197748' post='3136140']
I was utterly gobsmacked by vulfpeck however ... exceeded expectations by a good margin :)
[/quote]

i bigged them up so much prior to the gig that i was actually a little concerned that they might not live-up to expectations.... but i was entirely blown away. They were utterly mindblowing :D

Totally agree with everyone, I'd hyped them up in my own head for the weeks leading up to it and they delivered on everything and more - without a doubt!
I dragged along my brother who's not into their type of stuff at all and he really enjoyed it too.

Really cool venue too I thought! B)

[quote name='spiltmilk_2000' timestamp='1474106140' post='3135619']
For me last nights show was an absolute game changer... Joe darts solos are of course gratuitous by nature but the groove NEVER suffers. Just as danceable as the rest of his playing. Not sure I'd ever be able to dance to a Wooten solo! ;-)

[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsJBbFGxbwU[/media]

Edited by BigBeatNut