Why become a member? ×

MESA Walkabout head & Gigskinz bag *SOLD*
£530

Hey gang

As some of you know, I'm a long-time lover of these heads, but it's time for a change.

These are legendary heads - compact and relatively lightweight, with excellent build quality. Don't be fooled by the seemingly modest (i.e. truthful) power spec. These are proper hairy-arsed class A/B watts, not processed ICE diet watts.

This is the more recent version with the active / passive switch. Theres a small area of rack-rash on the top, easily visible in the pics. The Gigskinz bag is high-quality, a great fit, and wasn't cheap.[list]
[*][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wattage - 300 Watts @ 4 Ohms / 165 Watts @ 8 Ohms[/font][/color]
[*][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Power Amp Type - Simul-State™ Power - 6 Tube Driven Power MOSFET's[/font][/color]
[*][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Preamp - Vacuum Tube Preamp w/ 2x Mesa 12AX7[/font][/color]
[*][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EQ / Dynamics Control - Active Bass & Treble, Passive Mid, Plus a 3-Band Semi-Parametric[/font][/color]
[*][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Weight - 13 Lbs.[/font][/color]
[*][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Dimensions - 3 1/2" x 12" x 12"[/font][/color]
[/list]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]​Collection / delivery around Tyneside preferred at the moment, but hit me up if you want to talk about posting it :-)[/font][/color]

Check your dimensions there WoT. It's much smaller than you say and it might put off a potential buyer.

I love mine (exactly the same version as yours) but my Thundefunk seems to have edged it out for gigging lately. I still love it though and as you say, real watts from a transformer power supply.

This is a bargain when you look at the cost of a new one!!

Frank.

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1469712401' post='3100555']
Check your dimensions there WoT. It's much smaller than you say and it might put off a potential buyer.

I love mine (exactly the same version as yours) but my Thundefunk seems to have edged it out for gigging lately. I still love it though and as you say, real watts from a transformer power supply.

This is a bargain when you look at the cost of a new one!!

Frank.
[/quote]

Whoops... good spot! That was the size including the Head Case (which this doesn't have). Ta for pointing it out.