Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Well, I've downgraded to a PT Mini:

The complex signal chain for those who are curious:
Bass> Sonic Research ST-200> EBS Multicomp> Xotic X-Blender (Roger Mayer Voodoobass in loop)> Amp.

I do miss my Subdecay Noisebox, but I never really got a chance to use it live much :) At least it's sitting in its box on my desk, ready to send the neighbours nuts again.

And with the old PT I've made a guitar board:

Just need to decide on whether or not to get a Devi Ever Hyperion or an Okko Coca Comp to fill the gap in the corner, but of course, this is definitely the wrong place to discuss such obscene excursions to the world of guitars :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Bob.

I swore by my Korg DT-10 for ages, but went for a Turbo Tuner out of space necessity. Tried going back to my DT-10 the other week as I suddenly foud some more space on my board, but I realised how much I missed the Turbo Tuner almost immediately! Great pedal :)

This is probably only the second time in 5 years I've been this happy with my pedalboard :-)
And with the money I made by buying an M9 second hand and selling several pedals I only used for short bits of songs :-)

Apart from this board I'm only keeping, because they're so good (even though I'm not using them now):
Zoom Ultra Fuzz
EBS Multichorus
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Bass MicroSynth

And I have a Bespeco volume pedal I'll use for expression with the M9 when needed.

My Limited Edition Monkey Dream Board (Ghost Monkey X-3012) finally arrived! Pedals are not stuck down or patched in yet, but here are some pics…

Daylight, board not activated…

Daylight, board activated…

Dark (eg. Dim lit stage)…

Love it!

With VAT added and Parcel Farce's fees the board basically cost the same as a PedalTrain2, with the exception that it does not come with a case (But I'm sure I can find a keyboard case to fit). Its 30" x 12", super light weight plexi-glass (literally weighs nothing) and comes fitted with all the LED's etc.

Love it or hate it… I think its awesome! lol

That is the best pedalboard that I have seen yet - brilliant!!

How do you attach the pedals to it?

What are your thoughts on the Groove Regulator? Really thinking of getting one but not yet convinced it offers anything more than the MXR M82 or other filters that I have already!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='942423' date='Sep 1 2010, 06:01 PM']My Limited Edition Monkey Dream Board (Ghost Monkey X-3012) finally arrived! Pedals are not stuck down or patched in yet, but here are some pics…

Daylight, board not activated…

Daylight, board activated…

Dark (eg. Dim lit stage)…

Love it!

With VAT added and Parcel Farce's fees the board basically cost the same as a PedalTrain2, with the exception that it does not come with a case (But I'm sure I can find a keyboard case to fit). Its 30" x 12", super light weight plexi-glass (literally weighs nothing) and comes fitted with all the LED's etc.

Love it or hate it… I think its awesome! lol[/quote]

Velcro like any other pedalboard. The surface is great and velcro sticks solid, but leaves no residue when you peel it off (with some force!). I'm using white velcro so that little bit more light seeps through around the pedals.

Groove regulator is without doubt the best Envelope I have ever owned. It was the only pedal that ever sounded better than my DiscumBOBulator and I can't see me getting shot. So much more solid sounding that a Meatball or Meatwad and much much cheaper.

The tracking on a low B is unreal!

Uh oh that makes it even more attractive - did you have to import it from the States?

Without wanting to divert this into an envelope filter thread which other ones have you had that the GR is better than apart from the DiscumBob?

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='942440' date='Sep 1 2010, 06:12 PM']Velcro like any other pedalboard. The surface is great and velcro sticks solid, but leaves no residue when you peel it off (with some force!). I'm using white velcro so that little bit more light seeps through around the pedals.

Groove regulator is without doubt the best Envelope I have ever owned. It was the only pedal that ever sounded better than my DiscumBOBulator and I can't see me getting shot. So much more solid sounding that a Meatball or Meatwad and much much cheaper.

The tracking on a low B is unreal![/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='942490' date='Sep 1 2010, 07:05 PM']Uh oh that makes it even more attractive - did you have to import it from the States?

Without wanting to divert this into an envelope filter thread which other ones have you had that the GR is better than apart from the DiscumBob?[/quote]
I did import it from the states but its reasonably priced and I asked them to declare it as less than it was so I avoided import fees :)

I have owned…
Chunk Systems Agent 00Funk
DiscumBOBulator
DOD FX25b
MXR M82
EBS Bass IQ
Plus all the envelope parts of many synth pedals.

My best bud owns a Lovetone Meatball which I like, but there is too much rubbish it can do as well. The 3Leaf is basically all the real bass friendly bits of the Meatball stripped out and put in an easy to use pedal, with what sounds to me like much better tracking on the low end. I had a play on a Meatwad, which I guess is the mid point between the Meatball and the Groove Regulator, but really struggled to get a nice sound from it. Groove Regulator just works for me!

Thats enough in this thread about filters!

Look… Glowing pedal board!!! :-)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='942535' date='Sep 1 2010, 07:40 PM']The 3Leaf is basically all the real bass friendly bits of the Meatball stripped out and put in an easy to use pedal, with what sounds to me like much better tracking on the low end.[/quote]

But missing the expression input. Whoops. Oh well, get yet another filter for that, then...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='942535' date='Sep 1 2010, 07:40 PM']I had a play on a Meatwad, which I guess is the mid point between the Meatball and the Groove Regulator, but really struggled to get a nice sound from it.[/quote]

I had one for a few years and never struggled to get a great sound out of it. It's much more flexible than the 3Leaf pedal and you have to actually understand what the controls do.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='945292' date='Sep 4 2010, 11:23 AM']Got it yet? How does it compare to the TU-2?[/quote]

nope! but got to have a play on one he had in stock! much brighter lights and seems a bit quicker to tune? and rather than only powering one other bass pedal like the tu2 it can power 7!

will have my one when i get back from hols next month!

andy

Edited by 0175westwood29

[quote name='cheddatom' post='951441' date='Sep 10 2010, 08:30 AM']Can you explain what's going on with that octron? I didn't think they had 4 footswitches[/quote]

Octron 2. Bypass/Oct down/Direct/Oct up. You can turn on/off each voice as you please :)