Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Yeah I use Amplitube 3 on my MacBook but can't seem to get any drum loops into it like I can with Garageband.

The Ampeg envelope filter in the Custom Shop is awesome though!!

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='1272556' date='Jun 17 2011, 11:22 AM']TBH I've not messed with it much but Garageband and Amplitube but you'll need an adaptor as well.

I personally like Amplitube the most as a bass practice tool as the Ampeg sim is a really nice tone.[/quote]

Here's my little lot.

[attachment=83106:P6190696.JPG]

Signal path goes is: Looper - OC2 - EHX Bass MS - EBS Chorus - MXR Bass Fuzz - EBS TremoLo - 3 leaf Groove regulator - back to looper - Master output to MXR Bass DI+. Silica Gel optional.

Edited by paul_5

Folks - Ideas for 'slanting' my massive pedalboard. I use a diago tourman and need to use something to place under the back of the board so it slopes up slightly. Sounds simple, but ti much be something that a heavy board won't slide off on a solid stage floor when I push against the pedals at the back where its raised.

Must also be something that will fit in a bag with my stuff, so a number of small wedges maybe?

Shep

How about something like this?

[url="http://www.fotosense.co.uk/gitzo-g1220-130b3-all-terrain-foot-60mm-set-of-3.html"]Linky[/url]

You'd need to fit 3 nuts for them to screw into along the edge of your board (1 each end & one 1/2 way along would be the preferred option).

There's other things on that website that will do the same job such as [url="http://www.fotosense.co.uk/gitzo-gs5030vsf-photo-video-double-use-spike-rubber-feet-set-of-3.html"]these.[/url]
Might be a easier option as you would just need to drill 3 holes, pop a bolt through with a nut & a couple of washers & enough bolt past the nut to screw these on to. But there'd be a bit of bolt sticking out to catch onto things :)

I'm sure on the 'pin' based feet. There's seriou weight in the board (more than my 212 cab) plus with my body weight on it I'll be concerned about damage to the floor/studio carpet.

The flat feet in the link above are cool. Was thinking about those ISO tilt blocks you can buy for amps as well... Obviously for the tilt as opposed to the isolation properties!

Shep, or anyone else with a massive board, have you ever thought about something like Bryan R. Tyler's pedalboard arrangement?

[url="http://www.bryanrtylermusic.com/effectpedaldemos2.html"]Vids here that show the setup.[/url]
It seems to be a 'two-tier' type affair, but differs from other two-tier pedal boards in that the upper tier is angled such that the plane of the upper tier is in line with your vision (great for rack effects). From the side on it would look like a '>' sign Some upclose pics I've seen of it also show that he has pedals velcro'd or ziptied to the underside of that tier - obviously not possible to stomp on those ones but I believe he uses the Musicom EFX labs switcher to control those. It's a very dense solution and would possibly add more weight to some boards rather than reduce the weight, but it would certainly reduce pedalboard footprint and could potentially make for a more 'wieldy' pedalboard when packed up, i.e. cuboidal rather than massively long, wide and flat.

Incidentally, I'm contemplating the possibility of something similar but so as to provide a dock for my laptop plus some kind of controller to allow me to operate certain functions (e.g. samples, etc) that way I've got everything setup for easy use. Still a random idea at present and may not materialise as such.

you can get some big chunky rubber door stops though

I think if you're going to put anything under the back, you'd have to put a strip of rubber under the front to stop it slipping. In fact, if you did that, you could use pretty much anything to go under the back.

I always thought it'd be nice to have a wedge shaped board, with a wedge shaped lid which would fold underneath to create the riser.

Me and our guitarist both used to have pretty full Tourmans. We ended up taking two long sections of 2x4 to every gig, and just slipped them under the back edge. Hah.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1276192' date='Jun 20 2011, 06:43 PM']Folks - Ideas for 'slanting' my massive pedalboard. I use a diago tourman and need to use something to place under the back of the board so it slopes up slightly. Sounds simple, but ti much be something that a heavy board won't slide off on a solid stage floor when I push against the pedals at the back where its raised.

Must also be something that will fit in a bag with my stuff, so a number of small wedges maybe?

Shep[/quote]

That's about th best bet I think. Think I may give up on that idea. I've just upgraded to a Tourman AND a Showman so I can have all my exp pedals and external control units on a board for set up/breakdown ease. I'm ashamed to admit that I eithe need 2 Tourman or to cut some stuff out... :) Why are MoogerFoogers so bloody big!!!!!

If you're looking for a smaller board, why not rack your moogers & get a multi bypass pedal made that only takes up the space of one slightly largish pedal? If you don't turn the moogs off, then you wouldn't even need that!

I know it's still another box, but might make an easier load.

I thought about that solution, but I do turn them on and off, and the cabling from a rack to pedals (as they are at different points of the chain, 1 with an expression pedal, 3 connected to the MP-201) is a logistical nightmare! I need to tweak stuff a my feet live as well.