Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On the topic of bespoke and stepped pedalboards, I came across this Netherlands based company the other day:

[url="http://www.paullenders.com/"]Paul Lenders Custom Pedalboards[/url]

[url="http://www.paullenders.com/hugo-vis/"]This is my favourite looking pedalboard on there[/url]. I'm going to try and mimic the style cos I like it so much

They also make their own effects which look amazing... though no idea how they sound!

[quote name='mcgraham' post='1028981' date='Nov 19 2010, 10:36 AM']On the topic of bespoke and stepped pedalboards, I came across this Netherlands based company the other day:

[url="http://www.paullenders.com/"]Paul Lenders Custom Pedalboards[/url]

[url="http://www.paullenders.com/hugo-vis/"]This is my favourite looking pedalboard on there[/url]. I'm going to try and mimic the style cos I like it so much

They also make their own effects which look amazing... though no idea how they sound![/quote]

That's interesting. Thanks for the link.

I agree, stepped pedalboards are much more ergonomic (in terms of allowing error free stomping)....

[quote]I agree, stepped pedalboards are much more ergonomic (in terms of allowing error free stomping)....[/quote]
Yup - sloped makes it easier to access pedals other than front row, but you still suffer from clobbering knobs of the pedals in the row further forward.

I can't remember who makes them right now, but someone does these pedal lifter panels that are basically just brackets designed to lift pedals a predetermined height above the surface of the board to help access without needing to get a custom board. TBH, you only need about an inch extra height to ensure sufficient clearance on pedals, particularly on a sloped PT board - the two step height in that Paul Lenders link above is only to accommodate a power supply within the step.

That's another thought... what do people think about hiding power supplies and other doo-dahs under pedalboards vs having everything visible and topmounted? Paul Lenders does the former (evidently for neatness cos they look sweeeeeeeeet), but people like Bob Bradshaw (Custom Audio Electronics) advocate everything being surface mounted on the board so that you can see/fix/troubleshoot anything without having to dismantle the entire board.

[attachment=64375:pedal_1.jpg][quote name='mcgraham' post='1029493' date='Nov 19 2010, 03:44 PM']Yup - sloped makes it easier to access pedals other than front row, but you still suffer from clobbering knobs of the pedals in the row further forward.

I can't remember who makes them right now, but someone does these pedal lifter panels that are basically just brackets designed to lift pedals a predetermined height above the surface of the board to help access without needing to get a custom board. TBH, you only need about an inch extra height to ensure sufficient clearance on pedals, particularly on a sloped PT board - the two step height in that Paul Lenders link above is only to accommodate a power supply within the step.

That's another thought... what do people think about hiding power supplies and other doo-dahs under pedalboards vs having everything visible and topmounted? Paul Lenders does the former (evidently for neatness cos they look sweeeeeeeeet), but people like Bob Bradshaw (Custom Audio Electronics) advocate everything being surface mounted on the board so that you can see/fix/troubleshoot anything without having to dismantle the entire board.[/quote]

For me - the neater the better - this is still a very much work in progress but you get the gist :- [attachment=64375:pedal_1.jpg]

To be honest, i think i have made it a bit high, but it cost about £8.00 so am not that fussed!

I run my main board and Microkorg (via Axon) in parallel via a LS2.

I then run the M13 into a seperate amp for my guitar stuff.

Missing from this rehearsal was the Adrenalinn, FCB1010 (that I use to play the Microkorg with my feet whilst playing guitar with my hands) and my custom router.

Dan

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='955448' date='Sep 13 2010, 08:47 PM']Well I mean having never tried a GT200 :)

Man it's the best freakin pedal for the GT200 ever it should come standard with the amp.

I use to use it as a dirty boost but now I have the Chili doing that and the SFT for overdrive, it's still boosting the amp, just a great great pedal. It's the one pedal on that board I couldn't gig without.[/quote]
Just to go back a few months to this! :| What makes you say it's the best thing EVER for the GT200? I'm curious :) Infact, I'm going to start a separate thread too.

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='1031517' date='Nov 21 2010, 04:19 PM']Compared with some of the fantastic and highly creative boards on here this is nothing but an absolute cheat. :) Here it is anyway. Got this in a sale about a year ago.

[/quote]

Does this switch patches instantly? (unlike the GT-6B)

As you can see the board is now fully wired up. There is still room for a couple, possibly 3, more pedals...I can just get a boss pedal to the rt of the BSW, definitely get one between the Lehle and the boss HM and obviously to the left of the BB..so hopefully that should help future proof it. Although the way it sounds at the moment I can't think of too many additions. Had a great reheasal with it last night..never hit a knob by mistake and now it is all held down with velcro and the feet have been removed, and stored away safely, i can still make volume alterations to the pod if need be..despite the main knobs being covered.

One of the nice things is the panel on the rt side. This has a fused/switched kettle style in put that is soldered to a 4 gang in the box. that covers a seperate supply to the Pod and then A Johnnyshredfreak power supply to all the other pedals. Many thanks to Johnny..he was a great help and brilliant service as well.I was going to run a seperate supply to the VE 20 as it draws quite a current but it all worked so well last night that I am going to leave it as it is. There is also room on the daisy chain to run another 3 pedals as well should I need it.

I also love the fact that I took the time to solder in the Input and 2 output jack sockets so all I need to get going at gigs now are 3 leads and one power kettle lead....you should have seeen the amount of transformers and leads that I used to lug around..must have been mad!

All in all I am really happy..the whole thing weighs in at just over 15kg..so not a back breaker, but admittedly not the lightest thing around. I think that I am not going to worry about a sepcific pedal board flight case but will look for a standard flight case as they seem to be cheaper S/H and also I need to be able to store other stuff for transport..like our IEM system/Mac etc..Have one spotted already so hopefully a deal can be done.
Hope you like it..

[quote name='Dudgeman' post='1036098' date='Nov 25 2010, 11:31 AM']As you can see the board is now fully wired up. There is still room for a couple, possibly 3, more pedals...I can just get a boss pedal to the rt of the BSW, definitely get one between the Lehle and the boss HM and obviously to the left of the BB..so hopefully that should help future proof it. Although the way it sounds at the moment I can't think of too many additions. Had a great reheasal with it last night..never hit a knob by mistake and now it is all held down with velcro and the feet have been removed, and stored away safely, i can still make volume alterations to the pod if need be..despite the main knobs being covered.

One of the nice things is the panel on the rt side. This has a fused/switched kettle style in put that is soldered to a 4 gang in the box. that covers a seperate supply to the Pod and then A Johnnyshredfreak power supply to all the other pedals. Many thanks to Johnny..he was a great help and brilliant service as well.I was going to run a seperate supply to the VE 20 as it draws quite a current but it all worked so well last night that I am going to leave it as it is. There is also room on the daisy chain to run another 3 pedals as well should I need it.

I also love the fact that I took the time to solder in the Input and 2 output jack sockets so all I need to get going at gigs now are 3 leads and one power kettle lead....you should have seeen the amount of transformers and leads that I used to lug around..must have been mad!

All in all I am really happy..the whole thing weighs in at just over 15kg..so not a back breaker, but admittedly not the lightest thing around. I think that I am not going to worry about a sepcific pedal board flight case but will look for a standard flight case as they seem to be cheaper S/H and also I need to be able to store other stuff for transport..like our IEM system/Mac etc..Have one spotted already so hopefully a deal can be done.
Hope you like it..[/quote]

I have the perfect cable for you OBBM make me a custom pedalsnake it's got an IEC power lead, 3 1/4 instrument cables and an xlr all nicely sheathed together.

Let me know if you fancy going that one step further into OCDness