Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1389871827' post='2338843']
You've got a HPF on there!? That's quite interesting, what's the idea behind that? Mine just has the two LPFs, one for the distortion and the other for clean.

I bet that Tarkin/TK combination will sound incredible! Have you got any special stacking options on there? It's quite a ridiculous thing with COG, I find myself getting very excited about other people's builds! :lol:
[/quote]

Hah well in theory - after much discussion with Tom - It should give me the ability to have a more nasal fuzz/distortion sound on the TK. Set to give TK or GT or blended orrrr i can also attach separate jacks and create chaos by running different chains right into each section (eg I could have pedal A going to the tarkin and pedal B to the TK or go A, B, Cog and get the full party). It will also have a 3rd input, so mega compressed signal or octaved or something.

With cyborg ninja from metal gear solid as artwork (so single LED on the ninja's mask to show which mode is on).

I freaking love Tom. It's amazing to get excited about Custom units, after being so disappointed a few months ago with another builder.
To actually quote Tom - "This pedal will kill people"

That's what I'm aiming for :P

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1389872503' post='2338853']
To actually quote Tom - "This pedal will kill people"

That's what I'm aiming for :P
[/quote]

Crikey, I'm not coming to one of your gigs! ;)[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]Seriously though, that sounds insane, with all of those stacking and line options! The HPF idea's cool as well, I hope I'm not going to have to send my Signor Gatto back to Tom again for further pimping! :lol:[/size]

[size=4]Defo get at least a pic of it up when it comes through![/size]

Been awhile since I was on here!
Here's my board for the school talent show that's a week from tomorrow-

You could say it's going to get pretty dirty! :D
The compressor is on loan from my bass teacher's husband, but I love it already. The combination of compressor + B3K makes things fall off tables.

Edited by lxxwj

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1389921027' post='2339677']
The compressor is on loan from my bass teacher's husband, but I love it already.[/quote]

This is surprising, I found the CS-3 pretty unusable on bass! I imagine you'd be able to find a CS-2 pretty easily over in the US, and I would well recommend picking one up. They work so much better!

Here's what Juan Alderete has to say about his! [url="http://pedalsandeffects.com/boss-cs-2-my-number-one-pedal/"]http://pedalsandeffects.com/boss-cs-2-my-number-one-pedal/[/url]

Good luck with the talent show btw! Though with that dirt selection, you'll blow them away! ;)[size=4] [/size]

I'm in the middle of a serious pedalboard tidy/rethink/overhaul at the mo.

Made some adjustments so I could hide all plugs, wireless receiver and power, cut the plug off my extension lead so it's a female kettle type end now, and have taken a lot of stuff off to have a think what I want/need on there...

Here's a before pic -

And here's a new work in progress pic, added in the Rat King and a Moen GEC9 programmable switcher -

What are peoples thoughts on pedal order and what would I benefit from adding?

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1389970125' post='2340121']
I'm in the middle of a serious pedalboard tidy/rethink/overhaul at the mo.

Made some adjustments so I could hide all plugs, wireless receiver and power, cut the plug off my extension lead so it's a female kettle type end now, and have taken a lot of stuff off to have a think what I want/need on there...

Here's a before pic -

And here's a new work in progress pic, added in the Rat King and a Moen GEC9 programmable switcher -

What are peoples thoughts on pedal order and what would I benefit from adding?
[/quote]

Ohhhh I like both the before and after. Looks very nice.

Doesn't the GEC9 mean you dont really need to worry about pedal order? I've never used a routing system so could be barking up the wrong tree!

I'd probs look at some fuzz if that would work for your sound?

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1389970943' post='2340140']

Ohhhh I like both the before and after. Looks very nice.

Doesn't the GEC9 mean you dont really need to worry about pedal order? I've never used a routing system so could be barking up the wrong tree!

I'd probs look at some fuzz if that would work for your sound?
[/quote]

Cheers man :)

With the routing they still have an order, so eg. the OC2 is in the first slot, so will be first in the chain when it's on with any others... I think ;)

I'm toying with popping the DeviEver Ruiner back on, but at the mo, the B3K and the Rat King kinda have most of my dirty sounds covered.

If you were adding a fuzz, what would you suggest, I'll go youtube some demos :)

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1389971341' post='2340149']
Cheers man :)

With the routing they still have an order, so eg. the OC2 is in the first slot, so will be first in the chain when it's on with any others... I think ;)

I'm toying with popping the DeviEver Ruiner back on, but at the mo, the B3K and the Rat King kinda have most of my dirty sounds covered.

If you were adding a fuzz, what would you suggest, I'll go youtube some demos :)
[/quote]

hah well thats like asking how long a piece of string is!

I like the IE Oxide for synthy fuzz, I do have COG unit due which which is a mix of rat and muff.

What type of music are you playing?

Edited by woodyratm

Played my first gig with the new band last night, and used this setup:

Loving the Diabolik, it's a perfect 2nd fuzz to go alongside the muff, gets really nasty/industrial/gated/amazing :)

Only trouble is I want to use my delay too, so it's looking like I need a bigger board... but I'm going to wait til the bass whammy comes out, as that won't fit on a PT-JR!!

Links to a couple of tracks from the album below, coming out later in the year, if anyone interested (lots of fuzz/synth bass going on!)

[url="https://soundcloud.com/gazthefink/falm-worst-day"]https://soundcloud.com/gazthefink/falm-worst-day[/url]

[url="https://soundcloud.com/gazthefink/falm-projection"]https://soundcloud.com/gazthefink/falm-projection[/url]

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1389944185' post='2339715']
Quite right too, that's the way it should be! Good luck for the show.
[/quote]
Thanks!
[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1389965871' post='2340055']
This is surprising, I found the CS-3 pretty unusable on bass! I imagine you'd be able to find a CS-2 pretty easily over in the US, and I would well recommend picking one up. They work so much better!

Here's what Juan Alderete has to say about his! [url="http://pedalsandeffects.com/boss-cs-2-my-number-one-pedal/"]http://pedalsandeffe...mber-one-pedal/[/url]

Good luck with the talent show btw! Though with that dirt selection, you'll blow them away! ;)
[/quote]
Yeah, it doesn't sound particularly good, but it evens out the issues I was having with uneven string volume on the Ibanez SR500. I'm planning to get a MIM Jazz bass though, so that should solve the problem.

From mini to Jr, the slippery slope to a PT-PRO... ;)

TU-2 > OC-2 > BB Pre > Diabolik > TFR > Echorec > Chorus

Space for one more, and I'm waiting to see what the EQD Pitch Bay is like - I need something to pitch shift or octave up for a bit of variety :)

Edited by GazWills

Hi Gaz, nice use of the pedaltrain jr there!
I'm just wondering about the position of your octave in regards to signal chain. Do you use the BB and the fuzz with the octave down? If so, doesn't it turn to mush?
Also how do you like that chorus pedal, did you consider the providence chorus at all?

[quote name='Marsy' timestamp='1390741188' post='2348816']
Hi Gaz, nice use of the pedaltrain jr there!
I'm just wondering about the position of your octave in regards to signal chain. Do you use the BB and the fuzz with the octave down? If so, doesn't it turn to mush?
Also how do you like that chorus pedal, did you consider the providence chorus at all?
[/quote]

cheers :)

yeah, I much prefer the sound with the OC-2 before dirt pedals - I saw a video over on pedals and effects, and a few forum posts, where Juan insists it's better after dirt pedals, but for me I prefer the octave up front. I use it on some songs with the BB, others with the diabolik and others with the TFR - it stays pretty clear, though synthy (which is what I'm going for). I play a bit higher up the neck when using it though...

As for chorus, I used to have an old boss CE-5, which (oddly for a boss pedal) died on me, and I heard the mxr was based on the same circuit, and it's a really nice sounding pedal, works well with the OC-2, with delay and after dirt too. I'm maybe less fussy about chorus than I am with dirt pedals, the mxr does the job for what I want out of a chorus, so I'm happy enough with it!

Finished my latest board having just received my new COG Knightfall & pedal interface from Tom.

The board is a modified SwanFlight case - extra under-board bracing and the standard naff carpet covering replaced with proper velcro (basically, how they should be supplied in my opinion)

The interface cleans up the board quite a bit and also has a DI feed from the Sansamp if needed.

Not got round to setting up the Knighfall at gig volume yet but will have a better idea after the next rehearsal later this week.

[quote name='intime-nick' timestamp='1390863779' post='2350776']
Finished my latest board having just received my new COG Knightfall & pedal interface from Tom.

The board is a modified SwanFlight case - extra under-board bracing and the standard naff carpet covering replaced with proper velcro (basically, how they should be supplied in my opinion)

The interface cleans up the board quite a bit and also has a DI feed from the Sansamp if needed.

Not got round to setting up the Knighfall at gig volume yet but will have a better idea after the next rehearsal later this week.
[/quote]

Saw this on FB earlier. Very nice cabling and a great board to boot!