Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='ChocolateTelevision' post='37055' date='Jul 25 2007, 10:44 PM']TaySte - what's that tiny pedal between the Cream Pie and the Huckleberry? And is the 3-footswitch box in the top-left some sort of loop switcher?[/quote]

It's a Catalinbread Hyperpak, it's a distortion sounds like this [url="http://myselfalone.com/tayste2000/Catalinbread%20Hyperpak.mp3"]http://myselfalone.com/tayste2000/Catalinb...%20Hyperpak.mp3[/url] I'm pretty happy with it as it sounds similar to my Tone Factor Mule which is what it has replaced so that I could fit my filter back on.

The 3 footswitch box is a custom pedaljunction with an A/B input section so I can switch wirelesses/basses in a matter of seconds, it then has a hard wired fx loop so that my tuner and boost are in the signal chain for the next part, which is an A/B/Y out one goes direct to my amp and the other goes through the pedalboard and then to another amp so that I can run clean and dirty amps and the effects loop that is before this means I can mute and boost both amps.

Enjoy

I would post sound clips but recording through a small combo with a cheap PC mic sounds terrible... I guess you COULD get a rough idea but still, it doesn't sound particularly good. I may post sound clips when I get a new soundcard, but if you want an idea of what my board does, here goes.

Bass> Korg DTbk (Tuner) > EBS Mutlicomp (Compression) >

Tonefactor Eyeore (2 Looper box except it switches between 2 different loops so you don't use both at the same time)

Loop 1> Analogman Clone Chorus (based on the origional EHX small clone except with a depth knob rather than a switch, true bypass and an extra depth switch to make it more deep and bassy, or more trebly and shimmery) > return

Loop 2> Tonefreak Abunai 2 (basically a TS 808 overdrive circuit with a clipping switch, more gain, JRC4558 opamp etc) > Boss GEB7 Equalizer (I use this after the Abunai 2 to cut some of the mids and boost the lower frequencies some more) > Roger Mayer Voodoobass (Quite a thick, somewhat wooly bass overdrive... best example of it would be to listen to Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's "Spread your Love".) > Return > Bass amp

I use 3 pedals for my overdrive sound because the Voodoobass on it's own it too mushy, so after experimenting a while, I thought pushing it with a TS 808 style pedal would make it more defined and punchy... this was accurate, but then it lost a bit too much low end and added more mids than I wanted so I balanced this out with the Boss EQ).

[quote name='matt_citizenbass' post='37280' date='Jul 26 2007, 12:27 PM']

its changed quite a lot since you last saw it.

got rid of the behringer BDi21 it was bad, and didnt have a "middle" pot[/quote]

Matt, I love the compactness and simplicity of your board. Not too sure on the distortion - but if it works for you then great. The other pedals you have are quality. Thanks to you I had some gas for the Keeley compressor, but luckily it's evaporated after learning that it's not too friendly with actives.

I'm new here but I'm "acquainted" with BassManKev and Clunge...

As of today :) all I need is a box, I'll probably go Diago (maybe a tight squeeze) or NSP. I'm looking for one more pedal to complete my rig though...I had my heart set on a Depth Charge. Unfortunately seeing as my bass is active (and my Warwick Streamer $$ on the way isn't going to help in that department unless I put it in passive mode) which I hear isn't too good with it. And now I'm surrounded by choice and too confused. Bugger. It'll probably take the place of the ODB-3 unless I find some extra room. But yeah...synthy-style fuzz but with versatility.

Edited by Muse_Cubed

Well, I was thinking to go with NSP. It's a bit more expensive but they do custom sized ones for apparently not much more (if at all) than the standard boards. I'd probably go with 80-85cm x 40cm or thereabouts. Gives me enough room. I'm guessing Diago don't do custom sizes...

[quote name='Roady' post='38885' date='Jul 30 2007, 11:57 AM']TaySte - Nice board!
I was thinking of picking one of those subdecay Noise Boxes up, but based on the soundclips i've heard it sounds waaay to crazy for me. How've you found it?[/quote]

That's what I like about it I use it for crazy analog synth sounds its defo not for tha faint hearted and it wouldn never be my main distortion/fuzz sound but I love what it does and it does it very very well.

I use it live for some intros and it gets all the girlies screaming.

Ste - you're like the ultimate obscure boutique pedal fashion victim - like the kid who stops liking a band as soon as someone else has heard of them :)
Nice man; I reckon that lot could keep me occupied for longer than every music shop in Birmingham combined, would love to test drive it.

Anyway, here's my ancient one. I would say it's out of date but in reality it's all for sale so doesn't matter a toss!

Muse-cubed - the case is for sale too. Check the classifieds as it might meet your requirements for a good deal less than you were looking to spend.

Edited by G-bitch

[quote name='G-bitch' post='40040' date='Aug 1 2007, 03:29 PM']Ste - you're like the ultimate obscure boutique pedal fashion victim - like the kid who stops liking a band as soon as someone else has heard of them :huh:
Nice man; I reckon that lot could keep me occupied for longer than every music shop in Birmingham combined, would love to test drive it.[/quote]

I've currently got near 30 pedals :) so you should see the misc stuff dotted about my room.

If you fancy trying some stuff I can get a drummer and room for a light hearted effects jam but I'm not responsible for the resulting GAS. It's not that far for you to travel :huh:

[quote name='G-bitch' post='40055' date='Aug 1 2007, 03:59 PM']Fookin'ell! You still in Manchester?[/quote]

Yep.

Might make it more tempting for you if I was to buy some items off you :) But this week I've bought a Bass Modded TF Fuzzsaw, Zoom Ultra Fuzz and Boss DD-20 so am ever so slightly low on funds

Man, I just don't have the disposable income to be buying stuff anymore - so much of my gear was bought on student loans (since repaid!) it's just silly LOL

I'm rarely in the area to be honest, although I was up at the city council's offices a couple of weeks ago with work.

I'm stunned that those of you with more than three pedals don't end up with masses of hiss going into the amp - they must be making pedals way better these days.

Anyways, my "board" isn't that impressive.

I'll probably end up putting the MPXG2 with the MIDI rig and running just the Deep Impact through a chorus and pitch shifter of some kind into the Trace head. I'm open to suggestions on what to look for if anyone has a good idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my rather basic board for the gigs where I need effects ( probably 1 in 10)..

The path is bass into homemade true bypass box into amp and then the loop runs:

PD7 ( either on Overdrive or clean with the bass and treble boosted as a "slap channel">OC2> B2.1U (assorted modulation and filter noises)> Danelectro Backtalk > LMB2 ( not used too often)

And that's it. Cheap and cheerful :) For rock gigs, I tend to just use the B2.1u set to the SVT simulation.

Cheers,
Alun

my basic board set up at the mo, should have a russian big muff to add in the next few days and an original marshall guv'nor, want to get some decent pedals to replace the behringer ones though (great to start with but dont fancy doing any more gigs with them!)

from right to left: Marshall jackhammer, Digitech bass synth wah, Dunlop 105q wah, behringer chorus, behringer phase, behringer flanger, marshall echohead.
usually have a boss odb-3 on there too but currently at guitarists place.

would you guys recomend getting a blender or stick to my current system of putting the distorted channel into a seperate guitar amp?

cheers, Nick

Edited by Motocross_nick

Just finished building this one today. Made it from an old guitar case our singer had lying around. I've always stuck my pedals to a piece of wood, but this is my first attempt at a "proper" pedalboard. Couple more pedals (Tremolo & Delay) to add when I get them in a couple of weeks, which will both go in the space at top left.

Edited by Johnny Wishbone

[quote name='Johnny Wishbone' post='44844' date='Aug 13 2007, 03:26 PM']Just finished building this one today. Made it from an old guitar case our singer had lying around. I've always stuck my pedals to a piece of wood, but this is my first attempt at a "proper" pedalboard. Couple more pedals (Tremolo & Delay) to add when I get them in a couple of weeks, which will both go in the space at top left.

[/quote]

nice board man :)

Thanks mate. Pretty happy with it for now. In addition to getting the two forthcoming pedals I need to sort out the cables a bit - some are a bit long and could do with smaller jack plugs to free up as much space as possible

I've left a small gap under the raised section which is perfect for tucking the daisy chain cables out of the way (not done it yet though!). Reckon I could probably squeeze a further 3-5 pedals on there if I needed to as well, depending on their size.

Edited by Johnny Wishbone