Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

20 minutes ago, Rick05 said:

Got my mini board set up now. I’m so impressed with the Digitech drop pedal, a great down tuner and surprisingly great octave pedal too!

IMG_7097.jpeg

I’ve got my eye on getting a Digitech Drop. It’s looking like the band will be down tuning a couple of songs by 1/2 - 1 step.

A lot of places seem out of stock at the minute though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markbunney said:

I’ve got my eye on getting a Digitech Drop. It’s looking like the band will be down tuning a couple of songs by 1/2 - 1 step.

A lot of places seem out of stock at the minute though

I got mine through guitar guitar just after Christmas. Might be worth checking if they have any. Highly worth it! 

• Thanks 1

I’m also intrigued by the Drop. One band is standard, the other is dropped half a tone. I have two basses. If I’d have been told (or asked, to be fair) earlier than “two days before the audition” I’d have learnt the songs down a fret coz I play 5 string 😂

So does it really track well enough to drop EVERYTHING you play to the set amount and still sound like your bass?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, moley6knipe said:

I’m also intrigued by the Drop. One band is standard, the other is dropped half a tone. I have two basses. If I’d have been told (or asked, to be fair) earlier than “two days before the audition” I’d have learnt the songs down a fret coz I play 5 string 😂

So does it really track well enough to drop EVERYTHING you play to the set amount and still sound like your bass?

Same issue/question here.  Grtz, Marc. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, hemdee666 said:

Same issue/question here.  Grtz, Marc. 

In a nutshell yes, you can drop your current tuning down up to an octave. For instance I use it to play some stuff in drop F# but the bass is tuned to drop A. So I drop it 3 semi tones.

I would say the quality of the sound decreases the lower you go and there are slight tonal changes but nothing major. If I was recording or playing regularly in a lower tuning I’d have a bass set up in that tuning. For practise and on the fly tuning it’s great though.

I bought it to play at home to covers in low tunings, without the hassle of changing the bass itself. It’s stayed on the board mainly because additional octave function sounds great, tracks really well so I replaced my Aguilar octamiser with it. 

Really recommend giving it a go.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, moley6knipe said:

Answered below but let me know if you have any questions. Happy to try recording ring a video if you want

• Like 1

Mini board with band essentials for an upcoming video/recording session. I wanted to keep it small n simple, it’s pretty EAE heavy 😂

IMG_8696.thumb.jpeg.eab9bb03f6863f1ecee6b962b2434135.jpeg

Im trying to weigh up between keeping the OxEAE Fuzz and Dagger or ditching one for the Alma comp.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MrDinsdale said:

Mini board with band essentials for an upcoming video/recording session. I wanted to keep it small n simple, it’s pretty EAE heavy 😂

IMG_8696.thumb.jpeg.eab9bb03f6863f1ecee6b962b2434135.jpeg

Im trying to weigh up between keeping the OxEAE Fuzz and Dagger or ditching one for the Alma comp.

You’ve got me interested in the OxEAE Fuzz. I’m going through a bit of an EAE phase and your choice in pedals is always excellent.

• Like 1

@admiralchew They do some exellent gear. The OxEAE Fuzz is a beast, it's surprisingly versatile in what it can do but everything it does is pretty gnarly.

I think my favourite pedal is still the Halberd, I didn't expect to be blown away but I think it's my second favourite pedal after the Capo.

Edited by MrDinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Made a few changes to my small/‘fly board’. Off comes the CAPO and on goes the Enabler and Cog 66.

All on a Pedaltrain Nano powered by a Cioks SOL:

9C8A7619-42F4-49AC-B52A-5EF7AE45211F.thumb.jpeg.fcf626d01536044c91a9ec304a539412.jpeg

Cheers

Si

How well does the SOL fit under the Nano? Did you need to exchange the rubber feet of the nano for larger ones? Do you think a nano enclosure lacking knobs and a footswitch (e.g., LBA 2020 or sfx microthumpinator) would fit under the nano? I'm about to build a small fly board and space is crucial :D 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Made a few changes to my small/‘fly board’. Off comes the CAPO and on goes the Enabler and Cog 66.

9C8A7619-42F4-49AC-B52A-5EF7AE45211F.thumb.jpeg.fcf626d01536044c91a9ec304a539412.jpeg

Cheers

Si

Love it. BOD, 66, The Enabler. Nice. The Enabler is an obscenely good headphone amp too. What's the colourfully-knobbed pedal?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lunoxx said:

How well does the SOL fit under the Nano? Did you need to exchange the rubber feet of the nano for larger ones? Do you think a nano enclosure lacking knobs and a footswitch (e.g., LBA 2020 or sfx microthumpinator) would fit under the nano? I'm about to build a small fly board and space is crucial :D 

The way I have the SOL fixed to the underside (Velcro and a long cable tie), it does sit a little further down than the stock Nano feet can cover. So I bought some larger feet from B&Q for about £2.50 (pic 1 below). They actually fit perfectly over the stock feet (pic 2), pushing on nicely (pic 3), and then popping off to go back in the bag.

Gives you a slight rake/angle when in use which is nice (pic 4). In this setup you may well find a ‘naked’ 1590a would fit, I don’t think it would with just the stock feet. 

874E4A0B-8781-4197-B293-AD97D700942F.thumb.jpeg.9d2b508f03da0c4a26aa42b774a3ab95.jpeg

94C42FF2-583A-4CD7-A22A-764446CD2750.thumb.jpeg.347fc932adf073e5cc326610617fd27f.jpeg

AF56E80F-84B6-4E70-A58D-6547CB67B8B9.thumb.jpeg.f28c0d9f2cf70bd77fbc419e7893e07f.jpeg

35FA9DD7-560C-4F19-BFE3-D217178EFD76.thumb.jpeg.0a4cb59634c65fc8ad714a26004f740d.jpeg

E1DDD91E-273F-4A8F-8D32-099BEDFACC02.thumb.jpeg.ed30057598386a1b4299b2f3a0a14346.jpeg

Cheers

Si

• Like 7

7 hours ago, admiralchew said:

Love it. BOD, 66, The Enabler. Nice. The Enabler is an obscenely good headphone amp too. What's the colourfully-knobbed pedal?

Yeah, that’s primarily how I’ve used it for the past 5 years or so, as a headphone amp practice tool, so will be fun to get it out on some gigs. 

The ‘colourful knob’ pedal is a Fuzzdog DIY Tall Font Russian Fuzz with clean blend, mids & diode lift.

I wanted something that kinda did what my custom Cog Tarkin does on my main board (similar feature-set, but with an added Gate). This is very cool, but really quite different sounding to the Tarkin, even though that is also based on a Green Muff.

So we’ll see if this stays, will gig it and see. Keen to try the MXR Bass Fuzz too.

Cheers

Si

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sibob said:

Cheers

Si

@Sibob - you selling the Capo?? 🤞 😃 

• Like 1

On 16/01/2024 at 23:02, moley6knipe said:

I was less impressed with the Drop; it didn't really cut the mustard for me - not noticeably better than my Zoom B1-4 which is a cheap-as-chips multifx, but obviously does a lot else besides.

YMMV!

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 2

IMG_5733copy.thumb.jpg.917b3fae5d3855a21b54349d0cc9ce33.jpg

IMG_5734copy.thumb.jpg.b4dcf688f0cf64b9cddbfdf2ef0731db.jpg

IMG_5737copy.thumb.jpg.85b1f90b7c15633a2c7f78f433b52867.jpg

New pedal board to allow me to play my bass and my Novation Bass Station through the same rig.  The Tone Hammer Pre is at the end for studio recordings or for when I go direct through the house but it's normally bypassed live and eq is done on the TH500 head. 

Edited by spacecowboy
  • Like 9

Small update on my board....replaced a treble booster with the origin DCX. Sounded pretty ace tonight, need to get to grips with it a bit more but pretty impressed. I need to work out how to potentially best stack it with my fuzz, which may make the muff redundant, but we'll see. 

_20240124_000817.thumb.JPG.c11f6f532c0f8a12e912964f9ee539bc.JPG

• Like 4