Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1343845564' post='1756300']
Finally finished the rebuild. Took LOADS I pics of everything under the hood etc. and I'll drop them all on my website soon. For now, this is how it looks...

Very happy with it. I was a tads OTT with the tidiness and cable wrapping etc. though!
[/quote]
It's beautiful.. :D
Now I have to fly over there to play through it! :gas:

Haven't put mine up for a while. But yesterday I managed to re jig the board a bit so I could get an OS2 on there. I'd love a prunes to go on there as well, but run out of funds/space at the moment. Gigs through out August and beyond so hopefully won't be long. Sorry about the feet!

[IMG]http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad26/bassmandudge/Pedalboard/20120801_230442.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1343845564' post='1756300']
Finally finished the rebuild. Took LOADS I pics of everything under the hood etc. and I'll drop them all on my website soon. For now, this is how it looks...

Very happy with it. I was a tads OTT with the tidiness and cable wrapping etc. though!
[/quote]

Great work. Despite being slightly [i]pedalphobic[/i], I have to say I'm impressed. :D

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1343909573' post='1757152']

:)
[/quote]
Finally, a board I can [i]understand...[/i] ;)
Two things, what's the box on the top left, and what are your loops?
Edit: It looks like your Xero is missing some knobs..

Edited by lxxwj

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1343949660' post='1757893']
Finally, a board I can [i]understand...[/i] ;)
Two things, what's the box on the top left, and what are your loops?
Edit: It looks like your Xero is missing some knobs..
[/quote]

Box on the left is a Human Gear Animato clone. Seems to sound pretty like the real one (I believe).

Loops are
a) OC2 - Animato
b)Oxide - BEF - Xenograph.

Just to allow me to get the sounds in my head.

The Xenograph has missing knobs? As far as i know everythings on it! :P (it's just the std one - not deluxe).

Feels weird not having a board which weighs more than me!

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1343982977' post='1758065']
Box on the left is a Human Gear Animato clone. Seems to sound pretty like the real one (I believe).

Loops are
a) OC2 - Animato
b)Oxide - BEF - Xenograph.

Just to allow me to get the sounds in my head.

The Xenograph has missing knobs? As far as i know everythings on it! :P (it's just the std one - not deluxe).

Feels weird not having a board which weighs more than me!
[/quote]
Ahh, standard, makes sense now. :lol:
I've gotta look up this clone, don't want to pay a crazy amount for the real one.. :unsure:

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1343995452' post='1758370']
Ahh, standard, makes sense now. :lol:
I've gotta look up this clone, don't want to pay a crazy amount for the real one.. :unsure:
[/quote]

There's a video on youtube from a talkbass dude. Plays Chris W's full rig pretty much.
I've borrowed it from my old guitarist - he paid £20.

Just finished putting the pics form the rebuild up on my blog (I took loads), showing my serious OCD for keeping things tidy.

The great pedal board rebuild of 2012:
[URL="http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/the-great-pedal-board-rebuild-of-2012-part-i-starting-over.html"]Part I: Starting over.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/the-great-pedal-board-rebuild-of-2012-part-ii-powering-patch.html"]Part II: Powering & patching.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/the-great-pedal-board-rebuild-of-2012-part-iii-keeping-it-ti.html"]Part III: Keeping it tidy.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/the-great-pedal-board-rebuild-of-2012-part-iv-the-finished-p.html"]Part IV: The finished product.[/URL]

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1343995886' post='1758378']
2 Russian Muffs and an Animato - oh my!
[/quote]
A muff in each channel....!! oo er! Muse tribute..what can you do!

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1343995852' post='1758377']
There's a video on youtube from a talkbass dude. Plays Chris W's full rig pretty much.
I've borrowed it from my old guitarist - he paid £20.
[/quote]
Shame you are so far away...would love to hear the clone against my real animato think it would be really interesting, oh and £20 sounds pretty good!...It is absolutely fundamental to Mr W's sound .The guy on youtube is called Fran..he loves everything CW/Muse he is prominent on the talkbass forum. Gets a lot of sounds right and wrong IMO. He's about the best out there with Chris' tones though. He puts too much emphasis on the DI.. though most of what he says is good. He gets a fair bit of stick though which is why I have never done any Muse style tones on youtube!! Even though on some stuff I know he is right people still question him...lol

"opinions.....apparently they are like "ahem"..every ones got one!"

Seen this before. With the knobs dialled you have nowhere to go, but knowing how rare the originals are the copy must be good value for money. However the animato with a clean blend and an active bass sounds absolutely superb live....Especially through 2 Marshall 7400s!

Edited by Dudgeman

Seriously contemplating getting rid of my board, and just creating a mini one with a Line 6 G50, Boss TU-2/3 and a Tech 21 VT Deluxe. I don't really need much more than that, and if i do, i can create a second little board with what i need (Most likely an envelope filter, octaver and delay).

Yey or ney?

Liam

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1344421676' post='1764118']
The new board in action last Thursday (snapped by a friend in the audience...)

[/quote]
Flashing lights, the most important part of any setup. :)
I remember when it was fashionable on this thread to do 'night shots'.. always loved those.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1344421676' post='1764118']
The new board in action last Thursday (snapped by a friend in the audience...)

[/quote]

I love how it looks 'normal' sized......and then you realise it's half the band name longer! :D

Si

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1344447328' post='1764730']
Slightly more boring but functional iteration of my pedalboard:

[/quote] nice board! i do love the BB preamp. took mine off the board for a brief time and was using a dredgetone angler, but the BB is back!