Why become a member? ×

Not impressed with the dB rating of my new bins

Happy Jack

I had 2 of these,
They have built in quality wheels
So easy to get about,
I don't think yours are a matched pair tho, did you get them separately ?
a bit empty in the mid but great if you like a flat base but the top end is a bit flappy
But for what they are I thought they did the job well and were wheely wheely good

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1464204972' post='3057604']
Bill Fitzmaurice will be along soon to explain why these top loading bins do not perform as well as horn loaded bins.
[/quote]

Surely opening the lids would class as variable ports lol

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1464342321' post='3058572']
No, seriously, anyone have any idea why the bins have '89dB' on the back? The noise of the machine collecting them? :blink:
[/quote]

[url="http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wheelie+bins+89db"]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wheelie+bins+89db[/url]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]It's the sound level the bin lid makes when dropped shut from an angle of 90 degrees.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]It's covered by an EU directive (what isn't?) and designed to minimise noise disruption for early morning collections.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]The bins are designed in such a way that when the lid falls, it creates a cushion of air just before it shuts, minimising the noise though this rarely works.[/size][/font][/color]