Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Modern, 24 fret, 5 string

Toasted

Thanks for the tip. Especially about calling FedEx once I've seen it's arrived.

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='392658' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:47 PM']i hope it turns up this week for you man! if i were you i couldn't bare another weekend waiting![/quote]

You're not the only one!

Edited by Toasted

Gorgeous!

I know that the waiting thing for me was a kinda double edged. There was a long term simmering excitement that a very special bass was on the horizon. I miss that now and if I had the funds another ACG would be on order (How I'd get Alan to surpass this one I don't know). The other feeling was more 'Arghh- I want instant gratification and I want it NOW!!!.

Peter - generally an instant gratification kinda guy.

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='Toasted' post='393785' date='Jan 28 2009, 04:13 PM']I do indeed play heavy music ;). My bass is certainly inspired by an appreciation of heavier players, Newsted, James Leech.[/quote]

Despite my techy ramblings and the general ska/funkness (aka BritSkunk) of my band I do love my rock and metal, though I'm particularly choosy about the latter. With either both pickups in series or the bridge pickup soloed by RIM Custom 5 does a mean job of blowing the doors off in a rock manner, though I'll sometimes solo the neck pickup and downpluck heaviliy a la Geezer. Am loving what the low B can do in a heavier context, it is SO mighty.

Recently I've been hearing so many ramblings that "wood doesn't matter" but why is it that people will pay so much more for a Sadowsky than many other Fender-alikes. Because Roger Sadowsky really understands wood - not the species, the individual pieces and how they go together to make a truly toneful bass. A true artist of bass making, up there with Michael Tobias and Ken Smith IMO!

[quote name='Toasted' post='393785' date='Jan 28 2009, 04:13 PM']What do you mean by BEGOF bass, Alex? :P[/quote]

Oh no, don't tell me you've missed out! Sadowsky have a "Buy Eight, Get One Free" policy, which Jason Newsted was the first to take advantage of.

Alex

I had a go on the Nordy bass on the Bassdirect stand at Bassday, the pink one with the fat singles. I was just so impressed with the tone with the bridge pickup solo'd - Good choice!

Next four string Jazz I get will have a big split single on the bridge with an overwound humbucker at the neck, placed just like this Sadowski, That should get just about any rock tone out there! ohmy.gif

Hmm, youve given me GAS.

[sub]EDIT: Doh, messed up that post! Copied it back in...[/sub]

Edited by Mikey R

[quote name='Toasted' post='393405' date='Jan 28 2009, 09:11 AM']

*sproing*[/quote]

Very very tasty. That's the finish I have in mind for my latest project build, though I doubt I'll achieve Sadowsky quality ;)