Why become a member? ×

Weezer!

Tandro

So for some unknown reason I thought about this band yesterday morning, and I mean like 2am or something. Had not listened to them in a while, did not see any advertising so no subliminal messages (I don't think?), just decided to check if they're coming London anytime. I then realise they are playing that night at O2 Brixton! That is the weirdest thing. I manage to get a ticket off of seatwave at the same price they sold for (getmein had them like twice the price). OK it was a tenner more for fees and 'ahem' eticket handling (?...what the...who handles it, the computer you need to pay extra?). Anyways, got there literally 5 minutes before they start their set. I Just reached back home. Awesome to see a band you listen to so much growing up, that first Blue album was one of the first cds I ever owned, such memories. Anyways, hope you guys get to see those bands that meant something to you at some point in time.

Weezer are a band I've followed since finding the video of Buddy Holly was bundled on my disc of Windows 95 and their CDs occupy about a foot of shelf space here.

They're a great singles band, a fun live band, but I profess (as I've posted previously), I find it very hard to really like them...I purchase the CDs in anticipation of greatness, but always feel a bit cheated. The new White album is just awful.

They tick all my boxes, but there's just something missing.

Edited by NancyJohnson

Pinkerton is one of my favourite albums. The songs are amazing and it sounds like a ton of bricks! I saw them in the Blue album tour at the Irish Centre in Leeds, Rivers Cuomo was on crutches as I recall.

After the green album I lost interest in the new stuff they put out. That Beverly Hills single was awful.

I still love their first 3 albums though.

Similar story here, Green album was a bit of a disappointment, Maladroit was a return to form of sorts but then I kinda checked out. Won't have a word said against the Blue album and Pinkerton though (only kidding, you're entitled to your opinon ;) ). Haven't listened to the white album yet.

As an aside, at my recent 40th birthday bash, my friends in the band Das McManus (you should check them out BTW) as a surprise became Weezer for the night and played nearly the whole of the Blue album for their set - was totally blown away by that and I'll never forget it!

They're my favourite band and I have a slight obsession, but I'm only into the Blue and Pinkerton era. Huge fan of Matt Sharp's bass tones, especially Pinkerton and the Sovtek big muff and old Orange Matamp.

Tried and failed to get Manchester tickets recently, wasn't too upset once I saw the setlist though. Listened to the white album this afternoon. Nothing too terrible, but light-years behind the 90's stuff.

I would not lie that a big part of it is the nostalgia thing for me. The concert was not the best I've ever been to, but it was great fun nonetheless, especially when they played the older stuff. You know everybody feels the same way when all you can hear is the crowd singing the lyrics over the lead singer, ha.