Why become a member? ×

Quick question!

kevvo66

Do people hate mayones jabba basses or is the market slow for bass sales is £500 notes to expensive and it's had lots of upgrades I have 3 jazz basses so this is up for trade ,sale as 3 jazzes is far too many even for me ! Should I drop the price or just keep her as a future classic , oh conundrums
Thought people please
Regards
Kev

Edited by kevvo66

I like a lot of the Mayones range - the ones I played at the LBGS all played well, nice action and quick slim necks. I can't believe that at £500 you're having problems selling the Jabba - they seem to be better than average Jazz style basses.

The market seems to be very slow at the moment.
However, I think the problem you're having selling your bass might be something to do with the weight being over 9lbs. Lots of people on here seem to regard anything over 9lbs as too heavy, which baffles me personally but there you go....

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1459878581' post='3020549']
It's been up quit awhile now , and others basses I have had that I thought were awful basses sold within days ,weird
[/quote]

That's people, they're just plain weird :)

I think they're lovely basses & I would have thought £500 was a bargain for such a nice instrument.
Some things sell quick, others can take an age. It's down to someone looking for what you happen to be selling.
Had I been looking for a bass & not a keyboard, it would've been on my list.

It took me a while to sell a Mayones I had, ended up selling it through Gumtree rather than here in the end. Have you tried Gumtree and other places like Facebook selling groups?

While they are better known now than when I was selling, but they're still a relatively small brand over here.

Yours looks a bargain at that price, I wouldn't drop it any further unless you're desperate to shift it.

Edited by Graham

It seems to be the old favourites and anything that's flavour of the month that seems to sell quickly- not always of course.

I hadn't heard of Mayones until a couple of months ago and had the chance to try one in Guitar Guitar in Edinburgh and they seem to be very well made.