Why become a member? ×

Barefaced cabs.

Marty Forrer

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1457529048' post='2999364']
Which reminds me... certain people haven't appeared on the thread yet... never known to resist a Barefaced bashing...imo... :)
[/quote]

He's on holiday and I'm still busy trying to figure out whether it's d&b or db monitors in question.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1457621193' post='3000242']

He's on holiday and I'm still busy trying to figure out whether it's d&b or db monitors in question.
[/quote]
Holiday or world tour?

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1457640188' post='3000578']

Rumbled. You know he wouldn't settle for anything less than a world tour.
[/quote]
Will he be using a B/F one ten with an SVT to play the Big Yankie?

[quote name='IanA' timestamp='1457641263' post='3000602']
Will he be using a B/F one ten with an SVT to play the Big Yankie?
[/quote]

I can't even determine the make of monitors are for the Tickled Trout... I've got zip chance of finding anything else out.

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1457642595' post='3000622']

I can't even determine the make of monitors are for the Tickled Trout... I've got zip chance of finding anything else out.
[/quote]
Potatoes

I have a gen3 super twin, it pisses on my ampeg svt cabs , don't need a back breaking amp any more either, use it through a GK mb fusion 500, a one carry load in, even with my bass!!
Probably used it a dozen times before it broke in properly, but when it did, #%>k me!
Got a logo' cover for it too, sweet.

Lloyd

Big selling point for me was the fact I could take the cab, try it out for a month and if I didn't get on with it, return it. Was never in doubt once I started gigging with it, my Big Twin 2 is probably the best piece of music gear I've ever invested in. Mine's got the metal grille and I actually quite like the looks, but more importantly it sounds massive! We are pretty spoilt as bass players now, there's some epic lightweight cabs on the market.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1457797705' post='3001899']
A Roqsolid foam guard cover for my SC was £45. £50 if you wanted the printing. . . still cheaper than BF but not by as much as is being indicated.
[/quote] I just checked The £31 is because they do a reward point system that is very useful as I have others covers made for the PA .

Ive just ordered a GK MB800 head to give my BB2 a proper workout.. As much as ive liked using MarkBass for the past 8 years its time to give GK another try. My BB2 is also the first 8 ohms cab ive had in many years.
Since getting the BB2 its really helped me get back inspiration and enjoyment in playing live. I think i got bogged down with changing basses where as it was the cab that i didnt really get on with (although it was a great cab).
Now i can hear things a lot clearer its a lot more fun playing live.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1457967662' post='3003454']
Ive just ordered a GK MB800 head to give my BB2 a proper workout.. As much as ive liked using MarkBass for the past 8 years its time to give GK another try. My BB2 is also the first 8 ohms cab ive had in many years.
Since getting the BB2 its really helped me get back inspiration and enjoyment in playing live. I think i got bogged down with changing basses where as it was the cab that i didnt really get on with (although it was a great cab).
Now i can hear things a lot clearer its a lot more fun playing live.
[/quote]
That last line is a HUGE thing I've noticed by getting good gear. Knowing your tone will largely be the same, and knowing the issues lie purely with your playing/ability rather than the gear is a great thing to inspire harder practicing and better focused practicing, or at least it has been with me! Having confidence in your gear allows you to just focus on the gig and the enjoyment!

I do admit i was worried about the BB2 description before getting it. I thought ti would be so clear i would hate hearing everything crystal clear. Fret buzz/clank etc.
I was very harpy to find out that this wasn't the case, or at least didst have to be. That tweeter is more like taking a pillow off your head. it makes things clearer without over emphasising the upper mids like my old cabs used to.
Im hoping the MB800 will just add a bit more clarity, ill certainly have more head room. Quite looking forward to having a new tone signautre, and i know with this cab it will make a difference.

Well I've just bought a TTE 500 from Opticaleye, and that amp is clean and crisp, but not harsh, and still very bass-y, and in the limited time I've played it in anger it really makes a difference, especially when I've played it through a Barefaced, my tone was just musical, even with the tweeter full on, there was NOTHING harsh about it whatsoever.

However, I'm in a quandary as to which Barefaced I shall buy, I'm either after the Big Twin II or the Big Baby II. Decisions, decisions! I'm gonna drive the 60 miles over there soon though, so keep a look out for the inevitable NRD post ;)