Why become a member? ×

WHAT BAND ARE YOU IN?

hrl_damo

Rawwrrr!

My band is called Veils.

www.myspace.com/veilsband

We are a 5 piece tech metal band from Manchester with a few twinges of death metal and a bit of an old skool vibe thrown in for good measure!

Here is a live review by Sonic Dice of our first ever show supporting As I Lay Dying

VEILS W/ AS I LAY DYING - CAMBRIDGE BARFLY 24/05/2008

Veils are first-up and are immediately confronted with a venue that's at capacity. Seems the world and his wife want to hang around for this Manchester quartet of metal-heads and they are duly rewarded. They play rapid, death metal with elements of thrash and hardcore thrown in for good measure and have quite an impact as a mosh kicks off instantaneously. A few idiots start running across the circle pit before launching themselves into any unsuspecting crowd members - inadvisable in such a tight venue - it's not long before a bouncer moves in to stop a punch-up breaking out. The lead vocalist is keen for more and he looms over the barrier with one hand on the low roof, supporting himself, screaming encouragement. "I want to see more of this dancing. It's f***ing mint!", he yells, before proudly announcing new track 'A Resistance To Exist'. It's like listening to the end of the world - a mixture of booming double-kick, cascading tom rolls, tightly-coiled guitars and brutal, roared vocals. They pause to launch a few CDs into the crowd before assaulting us again.

There are a couple of tracks up on the myspace, hopefully our EP will be out soon depending on current negotiations........

i'm in a two piece band (bass and drums) called run,WALK! ( although we may be changing the name soon)

i have just got a new drummer, as my old one was not really into anymore and wanted to concentrate on education.

our myspace is here:
www.myspace.com/runwalk

also i mentioned it in a thread in the off topic thread but it'd be great if you some of you guys can give us a listen and if you like us vote for us at www.xfmuploaded.co.uk/runwalk we're in the chance to win a support slot with the subways.

we've also got a 7" coming in the new year so if you want more info on that keep on checking on our myspace/blog/facebook etc.

Edited by matt_citizenbass

Just been taken on by a covers band, Wildside:
[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=384228576"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=384228576[/url]
However I'm so new that neither the photo nor the listed personnel have me on it. I am playing (not very well admittedly) on the website mp3 samples though. That was a demo we lashed together in a very short space of time last week.

[quote name='dood' post='288349' date='Sep 21 2008, 02:17 AM']I play in a band called [b]Within The Void[/b] www.withinthevoid.com featuring Pin (ex-Sikth) Jamie Hunt (Ex-Biomechanical), myself and drummer Thomas Lang. We are currently looking for a world class singer to complete the line up!

There are no choons on the website yet, but add yourself to our myspace to get updates![/quote]

Ive seen Thomas Langs DVD. My god he knows how to show of!

Im in a band called [b][/b]MrsSippi. [b][/b]. Were a 3 piece atlernative/rock/pop band from ciderland (somerset). Check our stuff out www.myspace.com/mrssippimusic

[quote name='lowdown' post='290205' date='Sep 23 2008, 06:20 PM']I am a Freelancer...so millions of Bands. :huh:
In fact on Saturday i am depping in Sir Cliff Richards band.
St Lukes hall.
One hour 'songs of praise special'.
BBC live and recorded in front of an Audiance.
S**ting myself :)

Garry[/quote]

Its not the bass playing you should be worried about.

Best get practicing on the rollerskates should he feel a "Wired for Sound" moment coming on.

[quote]WHAT BAND ARE YOU IN?[/quote]

Since everyone went their own ways after uni I’ve joined a really sh*t band. Were called “Ben’s Imaginary But Miraculously Marvellous Mystery Band of Funk Justice” - not gigging near you, or anyone else.

Edited by benwhiteuk

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='288782' date='Sep 21 2008, 09:28 PM']If you insist...

[url="http://wagthedogband.co.uk"]Wag The Dog[/url], we're a three piece doing punk, indie, and ska type covers around Guildford in Surrey. Lots of parties, a few pubs and the odd wedding. Crap name, but we're pretty tight with loads of energy. Frontman's a cheeky chappy too - good with the banter. Been going nearly two years and is a good laugh.[/quote]

I know the name of your band so must have seen you somewhere, must have had my shandy spiked because I can't remember where, have you played around Richmond, Chiswick or Ealing?.

Currently in 3 bands....

1) "Dressed To Kill" - 18 years as Europe's #1 'KISS' Tribute & The World's Longest Running 'KISS' Tribute. Check it out here: [url="http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk"]Dressed To Kill Myspace[/url] and here (under construction): [url="http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk"]Dressed To Kill new site[/url]

2) "Cairo East" - Madness tribute band (no current Internet presence)

3) Just joined a function band who are changing up a gear and changing their name. New name to be decided. :)

Edited by cetera

[quote name='cetera' post='292567' date='Sep 26 2008, 11:19 AM']Currently in 3 bands....

1) "Dressed To Kill" - 18 years as Europe's #1 'KISS' Tribute & The World's Longest Running 'KISS' Tribute. Check it out here: [url="http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk"]Dressed To Kill Myspace[/url] and here (under construction): [url="http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk"]Dressed To Kill new site[/url]

2) "Cairo East" - Madness tribute band (no current Internet presence)

3) Just joined a function band who are changing up a gear and changing their name. New name to be decided. :)[/quote]
Kiss and Madness - now there's an unexpected combination!

PS, looked at DTK website, you guys look scarily like the real thing (but younger)!

[quote name='Clarky' post='292653' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:25 PM']Kiss and Madness - now there's an unexpected combination![/quote]

Ah yes, it's a great way to keep my chops up..... a bit of rock... then a bit of ska.... then with the function band some Motown/Stax, disco, lounge, pop etc! :)

Well wid a name like me rasta I&I is obviously playing ina Country & the Western muzik..... :)

I play with reggae/ska covers functions weddings spliff party band TRU STEPPAZ (No not Victoria Beckhams backing band...however if the money was right....well!) - www.trusteppaz.com

Also play UK roots dub bass with Daddy Teacha www.myspace.com/daddyteacha (think that's the address) & Have a new project on the go called the Stoned Bones Dub collective - Tunes/riddims etc on my myspace www.myspace.com/booyakalee

I also (and theres more) am the mainstay bassist of Shropshires finest Booyaka, who upon my depart to Devon was replaced by my good friend Max who went on to become that pants band called the Kooks bassist(he obivously lost the Funk, but i hear he has now left the Koks so perhaps has found it again)-anyhow he's richer than me by far so good on ya Max and you owe me many a beer - Booyaka still continue as a local legend and i get together for two or three re-union gigs/festi's/pissups etc www.myspace.com/booyakafunk
currently i am looking at depping with Plymouths finest groove funkmeisters the Circus of Sound...well funky www.myspace.com/circusofsounduk & i have gig tonight with Tru steppaz....Irie!