Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Blockhead fans anyone

The Hat

Great band...very clever quirky writing and Rhythym Stick is a masterpiece of originality. Love em.

Rhythm Stick is a bit tiring..trouble is it is the No1 Blockheads tune and if you want to play them u have to play it..took me a good few yrs to get it.

Edited by ians

I never get tired playing sweet gene vincent. Norm takes it easy on the recorded version :) but goes bonkers if you see them do it live.

Good excuse for some rock n roll! Jaydee and all :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ldcRcBedGo

Edited by Highfox

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1455117274' post='2976082']
I thought that Norm was really ill and that it didn't look like he was going to pull through.....has there been an improvement in his condition?
[/quote]
:( Tell us more. I know he played Sweden last weekend?

I've seen them a few times in recent years, last time at the Brooklyn Bowl at the O2 last year. That was their worst performance that I have seen, really off the boil. They didn't seem particularly tight - usually a huge strong point. They collectively mucked up one of the tunes quite badly, forgot the words, lost the plot enough for Norman to comment on it afterwards. They did, as always, still perform with attitude but I think Derek 'The Draw' seemed to be suffering from a particularly strong bout of Tourettes and his constant stream of invective just got tiring after a while. I hope that was a one-off.