Why become a member? ×

Have you found 'that' drummer?

Subbeh

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1451996917' post='2945285']

Finding the drummer can be done . Keeping them can be a problem tho '...
[/quote]

non-prescription drugs, lots of gaffer tape and a cellar - or suitable blackmail over dodgy mobile phone pictures can help.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1451994260' post='2945254']
I have a great drummer.

[url="http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/korg-electribe-esx1-603049.jpg"]http://medias.audiof...esx1-603049.jpg[/url]

Edit: don't know how to embed images from my phone, will fix when I get home from work.
[/quote]

Yeah, these are great. I mean, you only have to PUNCH the information in once with one of these :) :)

I have been lucky enough to work with some fantastic drummers, my biggest regret is the guy I used to play alongside some years back, he had a massive heart attack aged only 32 a couple of years back, it was the day after a gig...he survived, thankfully, they identified exactly why it happened, he is now fully fixed now but has been too scared to go back to the kit as i know he feels the exertion of playing scares him it could happen again....I totally understand but would love to lay down a groove with him again

I have worked with lots of really average drummers and two absolutely incredible drummers.
The two good ones seemed to just have an ability to lay down what was needed for the song, nothing too flash just perfect.
The average ones just seem to overplay...badly

[url="https://www.facebook.com/coverbandcentral/photos/a.321423671341565.1073741828.306947782789154/543427442474519/?type=3&theater"]https://www.facebook...?type=3[/url]
agree? our new drummers a tad to busy for me, but I'm getting used to it, always thought our old drummer was just right, when we tried to get a gig recently at a venue we'd played before the owner said "have you got rid of the crap drummer then?" just goes to show, what do I know?

Edited by PaulWarning

100% agree. Finding a brilliant drummer that you really click with just transforms everything and I think as much as anything for me it's the confidence that they will deliver the swing and be n the money that allows me to relax more. We don't have that at the moment so current guy is on borrowed time sadly but we do have some great players interested.

[quote name='colgraff' timestamp='1452025974' post='2945715']
I heard part of a documentary about Led Zeppelin last week and, in a discussion of the early days were talking about how John Bonham played the drums really loudly and made out that this was a good thing. Hmmm.
[/quote]

It was a good thing, for John and the band. Perfect fit for what they do.

Blue

I have a drumming friend who I've played with in various bands since about 1999 and who was best man at my wedding. I think we've played together that much that it just clicks without either of us really having to think about it. He drifted away from playing kit for a couple of years, but has been successfully coaxed back and we're getting a little quartet together doing not-quite-jazz stuff, which should be fun.