Why become a member? ×

Keeping the missus happy...DIY bass storage solution

silky13

Really cool rack you have there. I like the chains too - dealing with the security issue.

This does really make me aware how I'm lucky with Mrs G. I've got a 5-bass rack in the lounge. She likes it. She's even encouraged me to go buy a bass the other end of the country and we went off on 300 mile drive all to feed HER love of the sound of bubinga!

I hung my guitars and basses on wall hangers in the hallway - MrsB thinks they're excellent there and wants the same again when we move house. At the mo' they're down and in cases and the holes filled in 'cos we're moving in 2 weeks.

.....and I have a [u]lot[/u] of ties. :)

I saw something similar on facebook a while back and it seems to be one of the best ways I've seen of 'hiding' basses from the missus...

[attachment=207842:Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 11.40.57.png]

I guess the other option for those of us who are short on space would be to sell some basses :lol:

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1450826854' post='2936324']

I have better pics somewhere I cant find right now, but it's the same kind of idea

[/quote]
Excellent. For some reason it reminds me of the banks of old fashioned point and signal levers in signal boxes.
Coat got....

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1450826854' post='2936324']
I have better pics somewhere I cant find right now, but it's the same kind of idea

[/quote]
Nice, but can't help noticing the drum sticks - whats the solution for storage of the kit?

[quote name='SaxyBassist' timestamp='1450803726' post='2936052']
My late hubby put up with me commandeering a whole room for my music and a whole room for my art! :o .... but then I had put up with 30 years of bike bits all around the house and cylinder heads in the oven on many occasions :lol: I never complained, that was just part of who he was :)
[/quote]

I've got the basses all round the house and the bike bits all round the house too (though I haven't had to replace a valve guide for years so no heads in the oven and valve guides in the freezer). Mrs Zero is a very tolerant woman, fortunately.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1450909656' post='2937038']
I've got the basses all round the house and the bike bits all round the house too (though I haven't had to replace a valve guide for years so no heads in the oven and valve guides in the freezer). Mrs Zero is a very tolerant woman, fortunately.
[/quote]

Good stuff glad to hear it! I do miss all that :( ..... still - our son carries on the tradition of leaving a trail of greasy handprints! :lol:

[quote name='SaxyBassist' timestamp='1450913855' post='2937084']

Good stuff glad to hear it! I do miss all that :( ..... still - our son carries on the tradition of leaving a trail of greasy handprints! :lol:
[/quote]

Got to say mine is very tolerant too... Had the carbs stripped on the dining room table for a whole weekend, place stinking of petrol, not a word said! :-)

Tried getting her into bass, bought her that purple precision especially, but in her words "my fingers are too small" I keep saying practice makes them stretch a bit! ;-)

[quote name='silky13' timestamp='1450952303' post='2937265']
Got to say mine is very tolerant too... Had the carbs stripped on the dining room table for a whole weekend, place stinking of petrol, not a word said! :-)

Tried getting her into bass, bought her that purple precision especially, but in her words "my fingers are too small" I keep saying practice makes them stretch a bit! ;-)
[/quote]

I had a precision copy and gave up because it was too heavy and the fretboard felt very wide, it wasn't until I got my SR300 things really took off! Nice and lightweight and very narrow fretboard - get her one of those (in purple!) she won't look back :D