Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Super12T v Big twin II

Kevin Dean

As far as I know, the 12T has a focussed punch in the lows but the Big Twin II goes much deeper. I suspect, (though have not tried them together to confirm,) that the top end in the Big Twin will seem clearer across the width of the room due to the tweeter wave guide as opposed to the more directional tweeter of the 12T.

Hi there, I have both, and I find myself going back to the super12t most of the time , even theatre shows.if you're playing larger gigs with no pa support then it's possibly worth considering but for pub gigs only then no, the super 12t is all you need in my opinion.im in West Sussex so if you wanna a/b them both together then you are more than welcome.

Stick some castors on it to raise it a bit. I`m 6ft and use an S12T and have no trouble hearing the clarity, so castors will raise it about the same for you Kevin. That said, I do use a pretty gnarly/gainy/trebly eq. Could have something to do with it.

Yeah the bigger amps with a "something or other that I can`t remember the name of" transformer seem to have so much more depth to the sound. My SVT3-PRO was like that. Unfortunately I can`t lift those amps, fortunately both my band mates and I agreed that my Tonehammer suits the sound of the band better anyway - should add that the Tonehammers are probably the heftiest of the smaller Class D amps I`ve used.

Edited by Lozz196

The cheapest fold flat raiser i could find - i bought a couple of the black ones, 40cm height

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Multi-Purpose-Folding-Step-Stool-Home-Kitchen-Easy-Storage-Upto-150kg-Capaci-/131607802948?var=430979562276&hash=item1ea46fb444:m:mAN4utmoHa3SAr4ElAtp4gg

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1450450217' post='2932969']
If you play a five string then the Big Twin 2 is the absolute bomb, its not tuned loud in the lows, it just goes waaaay deeper without any eq at all than the S12T. My Roscoe's Low B sounds incredible through my BT2
[/quote]

Similarly, my Dingwalls sound superb through the BT2 - especially when drop tuning. Now, my Shuker 7... that's cause for terror from the neighbours :) F# on a .183 gauge string!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1450478376' post='2933309']
Similarly, my Dingwalls sound superb through the BT2 - especially when drop tuning. Now, my Shuker 7... that's cause for terror from the neighbours :) F# on a .183 gauge string!
[/quote]

I D tune a bit but F# I'd love to hear that :)