Why become a member? ×

can someone please send me a copt of tabs for Teen Town I wanna (try) and learn it!

zawinul

https://wordery.com/the-essential-jaco-pastorius-9780634017674?currency=GBP&gtrck=dkxOTUxtZG94Q1JIMFVaejBNVUhHd1kxc3pzNXdhdmFGNUhmTzdra010NmZEbFZMSmdGaEUyYmJnRjRiV0lVR3lIU281eUFKTnEwL1lBSXIyWjBTeWc9PQ&gclid=Cj0KEQiA4LCyBRCY0N7Oy-mSgNIBEiQAyg39trj6MOsD8XoDyoLAHrQLXVqdjkiv5Ij6D3bMoUdmdWEaAn-S8P8HAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YFNT-gYxtk

No need for thanks lol

Si

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1447855182' post='2910953']
Someone has to say it; if that's the kind of music you're into, you'd be doing yourself a massive favour by getting used to working with notation rather than tabs, or at least using it alongside them.
[/quote]

you are probably right but i've tried to teach myself to read music 3 times and I just can;t seem to make it make sense to me, what I hear doesn't translate to the dots on the page. Even with piano I can play 3 blind mice by ear , when i see the notes it means nothing... its some kind of musical dyslexia I think...

Its a bummer as all the music I really like is very complex....

I will try and do as you suggest, have the tabs and music together see if that helps!!

[quote name='zawinul' timestamp='1447858446' post='2910996']

you are probably right but i've tried to teach myself to read music 3 times and I just can;t seem to make it make sense to me, what I hear doesn't translate to the dots on the page. Even with piano I can play 3 blind mice by ear , when i see the notes it means nothing... its some kind of musical dyslexia I think...

Its a bummer as all the music I really like is very complex....

I will try and do as you suggest, have the tabs and music together see if that helps!!
[/quote]

This is what a teacher is for. Good on you for trying though. I would also recommend trying to learn to read music properly, tab means nothing.

If you're going to learn it from tab, you're already transcribing the rhythm, so you've done half of it yourself anyway! Why not try to figure it out yourself?

[quote name='Jazzjames' timestamp='1447919654' post='2911407']
This is what a teacher is for. Good on you for trying though. I would also recommend trying to learn to read music properly, tab means nothing.

If you're going to learn it from tab, you're already transcribing the rhythm, so you've done half of it yourself anyway! Why not try to figure it out yourself?
[/quote]

I think I need a decent tab which shows the rhythm and the music and somehow i'll work it out!!

Its a horrible piece to learn!!

I learned the 1,000 years ago. It is a finger cruncher absolutely but it is fundamentally a waste of time to learn it. You will probably never play in a band where the pianist can do it :lol:

Seriously, i have never played it with anyone and never heard it played by anyone other than that Marcus Miller 'I can do Jaco with my THUMB' version. Learn some Parker heads or something ;)