Why become a member? ×

'Made in Korea at Fender's Fuji Gen Gakki Plant'

Paul S

Korean Jazz bass. Probably quite nice but this guy is getting a bit muddled, I think.
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-JAZZ-BASS-KOREAN-FENDER-MASTER-LUTHIER-YOUNG-CHANG-E-SERIES-WICKED-/252096150064?hash=item3ab219fa30"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-JAZZ-BASS-KOREAN-FENDER-MASTER-LUTHIER-YOUNG-CHANG-E-SERIES-WICKED-/252096150064?hash=item3ab219fa30[/url]

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1442824286' post='2869643']
Wasn't it two individuals originally?
[/quote]
Three, according to Wikipedia:

[quote]The company was founded in 1956 by three brothers, Jai-Young Kim, Jai-Chang Kim and Jai-Sup Kim.[/quote]

Originally making pianos for Yamaha, but over the years diversifying into various corners of instrument manufacture. However I'm sure the Ebay myth of Young Chang the master luthier (protegee of his dad, Old Chang) will continue to grow legs.

Did you know those old Avons & Shaftesburys were actually hand-made in a shed in Clapham, by a prodigiously talented 13-year old called Rosie Morris? True that. :)

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1442832950' post='2869758']
Did you know those old Avons & Shaftesburys were actually hand-made in a shed in Clapham, by a prodigiously talented 13-year old called Rosie Morris? True that. :)
[/quote]

Her younger sister, Morris Minor, went on to run a chain of garages.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1442832950' post='2869758']
Three, according to Wikipedia:

J.
[/quote]

This needs to go in the alternative rock and roll facts thread, information as good as this must be shared!

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1442875821' post='2870254']
He's obviously typed his serial number in, and it's given him the Japanese E-Series information.

Seen a few MIK basses up for silly money recently.
[/quote]

Apropos of not a great deal, I currently have an E-serial MIJ Squier Strat (Fujigen, 84-87) and an E-serial MIK Fenix "Strat" (Young-Chang, 1989).

That Young Chang geezer knew his stuff - the Fenix p!sses all over the Squier. And looks cooler.

J.

wowzers they've gone up! got given a young-chang made Squier Jazz just like that that i've pimped a bit. average basswood body, electrics were awful but the neck is phenomenal. had a bit of trouble getting a replacement truss rod nut but worth it for that neck, feel bad about butchering it with a router now people are asking daft money for them.

same story with my Telecaster, got it for about a hundred quid from pete oakley music in burton in the late 90s, absolutely leathered it with the router trying different pickup combos, probably killed any resale value but it plays lovely.

People (nutters) will be asking 300 plus for them soon at this rate.