Why become a member? ×

New Maruszczyk completed and on its way!

Naetharu

I have severe GAS for a Hellwood 5 with purpleheart instead of padouk.

Has anyone figured out how to pronounce [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maruszczyk yet? Morris? Maroosk? Not enough vowels in the last half of that word for my liking![/font][/color]

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1441884528' post='2862541']
I have severe GAS for a Hellwood 5 with purpleheart instead of padouk.

Has anyone figured out how to pronounce [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maruszczyk yet? Morris? Maroosk? Not enough vowels in the last half of that word for my liking![/font][/color]
[/quote]

I think its Maarooshchick.
I'm probably wrong though, usually am...

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1441884624' post='2862544']
I think its Maarooshchick.
I'm probably wrong though, usually am...

Eude
[/quote]

Yep, a polish friend told me to say it as Mah-roosh-chick - the r of 'roosh' is supposed to be one of those rolled European ones that we Brits don't have but otherwise that's it from what I understand :)

[quote name='Naetharu' timestamp='1441884959' post='2862550']
Yep, a polish friend told me to say it as Mah-roosh-chick - the r of 'roosh' is supposed to be one of those rolled European ones that we Brits don't have but otherwise that's it from what I understand :)
[/quote]

Splendid, I can put my feet up for the rest of the week then.

[quote name='Naetharu' timestamp='1441876688' post='2862460']
Hi folks,

I just got an email from Adrian this morning to say my new Maruszczyk Elwood has been finished and is on its way to me. He sent me a nice pic too so I thought I would share it with you all.

[/quote]

I hope you don't mind me coveting your lady, but that is one sexy looking bass. Not normally a fan of red, but that finish is lovely! Enjoy!

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1441887616' post='2862601']
Lovely bass btw. Please could you post the spec.?
[/quote]

Sure,

Its a Maruszczyk Elwood X 24+
[list]
[*]Alder Body
[*]Flamed Maple veneer front and back
[*]24 frets
[*]Maple neck and fingerboard
[*]Black block inlays & black neck binding
[*]Black standard Maruszczyk hardware
[*]Delano MC-4-AL humbucker in the bridge position
[*]Delano JMVC-4-M2 single-coil in the neck
[*]Delano 2-band active eq with the option of passive bypass
[*]Pick-guard is made from maple finished in high-gloss lacquer
[*]The finish is matte red-burst
[/list]

[quote name='Naetharu' timestamp='1441876688' post='2862460']
Hi folks,

I just got an email from Adrian this morning to say my new Maruszczyk Elwood has been finished and is on its way to me. He sent me a nice pic too so I thought I would share it with you all.

[/quote]

wow, that is seriously sexy!

I also got a similar email from Adrian this morning... but although I love mine, visually yours is in another league entirely :gas:
Mine is pretty pedestrian looking, by design, and I don't regret it, yours is a work of art... congratulations!!! :)
I'll post mine separately... but it'll look like the ugly duckling next to yours :lol:

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='zawinul' timestamp='1441890499' post='2862639']
Very nice, i've emailed Adrian a few times and he always seems quite grumpy and not that helpful as I keep asking questions about narrow necks and narrow string spaces!!
[/quote]

I think it is more that his English is a second language - he's very brief in his emails and to the point but he did give me some good advice. I found it best to keep the emails very clear in terms of the English you use and stick to short simple sentences. I know where you are coming from but I am pretty sure its a language barrier issue rather than his being grumpy.

Edited by Naetharu

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1441891162' post='2862654']
wow, that is seriously sexy!

I also got a similar email from Adrian this morning... but although I love mine, visually yours is in another league entirely :gas:
Mine is pretty pedestrian looking, by design, and I don't regret it, yours is a work of art... congratulatons!!! :)
[/quote]

Any chance of a picture of your one? Give how nice all of the Maruszczyk basses are I very much doubt its anything but awesome.

[quote name='Naetharu' timestamp='1441890134' post='2862635']
Pretty quick - I think between five and six weeks. I was very surprised to get the email saying it was done today - I had expected to wait another couple of weeks at least.
[/quote]

5-6 Weeks, hopefully mine is as quick as that !!
Enjoy man.