Why become a member? ×

All hale Chris Wolstenholme

BassBus

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1432975847' post='2786665']
I saw him on later, thought he looked like he hadn't slept for about a month.
[/quote]Maybe that was why he was wearing onesie; straight to bed after the show?

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1432961791' post='2786591']
Ha ha, I saw later too. I think he got his romper suit idea from watching Dune on another channel a bit earlier!
And do the LEDs on his Status bass change colour or did he just demand a rainbow of choices from them?
[attachment=193101:Dune Sting.jpg]
[/quote]

I've just watched the clip and yes....their suits were fitted desert-fashion, I wonder who told them how to do it ? ;)

Edited by ahpook

I've always been of the thought that no matter how good you are at something, there is always someone better than you at some facet of what you do. Otherwise, it would be taken for granted who was "the best" bass player ever?

As for my point about the Who, I actually happen to like Pino in his own right. In the Who, I don't think it's unfair to say that he's the wrong man for the job despite how amazingly gifted he is as his style is all wrong for that band. On the other hand, I'm not entirely sure that there is even a right person now. So you see my point (hopefully) that nobody does everything well. Maybe I just think the Who are rubbish now and it's more noticable now post 2002.

[quote name='Wolverinebass' timestamp='1433326153' post='2790067']
I've always been of the thought that no matter how good you are at something, there is always someone better than you at some facet of what you do. Otherwise, it would be taken for granted who was "the best" bass player ever?

As for my point about the Who, I actually happen to like Pino in his own right. In the Who, I don't think it's unfair to say that he's the wrong man for the job despite how amazingly gifted he is as his style is all wrong for that band. On the other hand, I'm not entirely sure that there is even a right person now. So you see my point (hopefully) that nobody does everything well. Maybe I just think the Who are rubbish now and it's more noticable now post 2002.
[/quote]

I went to see them a few years ago at the NIA and they certainly didn't seem to me to have died as a live band. While I hadn't seen them live with the original line-up, I have seen many recordings of them and although they have changed, I don't think that they've lost much from those early days, and I don't think that Pino's playing in any way detracts from them.

Thing is Moon and Entwhistle were what they were....and if you try and replace them, you'll still get the 'not as good as' comments.
So, in a lot of ways, don't try to be. Change things around a bit, you can't win anyway so you may as well move in another direction
and get more life out of it.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1433419983' post='2790903']
Very deep... :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Well, I left out the other bit....
I hated them as players....but liked the band as a whole. Go figure.
It was what it was... it should never have worked but it did.

TBH, I haven't read the whole thread, but surely you mean "All HAIL Chris Wolstenholme" not "HALE", as in to cheer or salute him, instead of him being free from infirmity or illness... ? :D

There's always one pedant eh? ;)

[quote name='Skybone' timestamp='1433938722' post='2795239']
TBH, I haven't read the whole thread, but surely you mean "All HAIL Chris Wolstenholme" not "HALE", as in to cheer or salute him, instead of him being free from infirmity or illness... ? :D

There's always one pedant eh? ;)
[/quote]

If you had read the whole thread, you would have discovered that there's always more than one pedant! B)