Why become a member? ×

How can I put it nicely...?

mxm

I can't.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Left-handed-Fretless-Bass-/261878595641?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf92e4039"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cf92e4039[/url]

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1431679137' post='2773835']
I think it looks ok. It's a copy ffs, good on him for making it unique!
[/quote]

True. I do wonder though, if a bass ever got quite that tatty after 30 years of genuine regular use?
Also, isn't personalizing an instrument really about making it that way for yourself, not for selling? I wonder how long he's kept it since doing the improving.

[quote name='GregBass' timestamp='1431689551' post='2773978']
"She now looks as though she has been gigged and played and loved for a good number of decades."

She looks to me as if she's had the crap kicked out of her rather than being loved!!!
[/quote]

Yes, I was about to post the same quote. Anyone who thinks that looks like love should be kept well away from relationships.

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1431679137' post='2773835']
I think it looks ok. It's a copy ffs, good on him for making it unique!
[/quote]

not a problem to make it unique, but... it looks sh*te :lol:

That doesn't look like it's been gigged for decades as he claims, it looks like it belonged to your ex, the one who dumped you in the middle of the jungle and left with the guide... so after months lost in the jungle you finally got home, saw the bass, and decided to attack it in a moment of madness. That's what it looks like.

:P

Guitars are meant to be original. This guy has done that. It's better than some mass produced clone of a clone. I don't think it's terrifically natural looking, but not many relic jobs are. The Rory Gallagher strat, for example is horrible. It has stickers on it to replicate the missing paint from Rory's original! Now THAT looks crap to me!

I particularly like the way he's put the tuning key in backwards and then mounted the whole thing on the headstock backwards as well. You just don't get that attention to detail from these boutique relic shops :D