Why become a member? ×

tribute bands, who plays in one

lojo

[quote name='sprocketflup' timestamp='1430425394' post='2761420']
Cloudbusting, Kate Bush tribute, as per my signature. Enjoying it so far :)
[/quote]Ooh, jealous! We do Babooshka in the 80s covers band I'm in, love it. I'd like to add Running Up That Hill too. EDIT I just realised our lead singer went to see you guys in Camberley I think, she was very impressed.

I'm also in a Floyd tribute trio - Rethink Floyd.

Edited by ezbass

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1430478789' post='2761784']
I really like that. Good job.
[/quote]
Me too.
and the tapped note was sweet.
I did wonder a few months back when you said you had problems in the band and that they were thinking of outing you, how they would ever find a decent replacement.

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1430467765' post='2761615']
As some of you know, I'm in a Police tribute. I've done two in the past 8 or so years but my current one has an amazing Copeland. There is one youtube video of us with me dropping an absolute howler but I'll try and find it

I can't paste the link in. I used to be able to.
aha done it now, in a slightly later post
[/quote]good job there matey, wouldn't call that a howler you just missed a note, Crayford social club is 2 mins from my house, give us a shout next time you play there.

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1430422342' post='2761365']
Spent 10 years touring with a T.Rex tribute band, got to see the world an various T.V shows, also got to see a lot of Motorways, would i do it again, would i f***erry
[/quote]

Wasn't T rexstacy by any chance?

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1430498537' post='2762118']
Ooh, jealous! We do Babooshka in the 80s covers band I'm in, love it. I'd like to add Running Up That Hill too. EDIT I just realised our lead singer went to see you guys in Camberley I think, she was very impressed.

I'm also in a Floyd tribute trio - Rethink Floyd.
[/quote]

Cool! thank you very much :)

Babooshkas a cracking track to play aint it?

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1430557334' post='2762517']
Rogerstodge, I'll let you know if we're back there any time soon. We do play the Belvedere hotel in Belvedere (or Erith, can't quite remember)
[/quote]ah yea we play that place quite often also, give me a shout when you're there also I'll pop along, cheers

[quote name='scoobystig' timestamp='1430552674' post='2762468']
Here you go Rodge

Happy days, really enjoyed the night ,you guys were top and we were really treated well with our own changing room with drinks and food in

Brings back some great memories
[/quote]cheers for that Scooby, and they even managed to spell our name wrong, i can't remember that actual gig, it was prob 20 yrs ago tho'.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1430523667' post='2762395']

I was a mate of Bill Legend back then and he liked you too.
[/quote]nice one Sam,we had every member of T.rex on stage with us at some point , even Bolans wife and son, we had Dino Dines the keys player full time until he died but i can't remember Bill drumming with us but met him at some conventions.

I dep for probably the original tribute band Magic (kind of queen/Elo), these guys have been going since the 70s and still going strong. Also played for Off The Wall, pink floyd as well as an Abba show. There may be a bit of a stigma amongst some muso's about tribute bands but have come across some quality bands/singers over the years. Want to see the steely dan tribute band at some point, heard they're great, believe the bass player is on basschat.

[quote name='Bassistclem' timestamp='1430563244' post='2762607']
Want to see the steely dan tribute band at some point, heard they're great, believe the bass player is on basschat.
[/quote]

I think you're referring to [url="http://www.nearlydan.co.uk/"]Nearly Dan[/url] and BC member Pete Academy. There is also a Steely Dan tribute in this area called [url="http://www.strictlydan.com/"]Strictly Dan[/url].

Edited by JapanAxe