Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender 2012 "American Special" Precision Bass
£780

franzbassist

[b]£700[/b]

I've decided to move back to 5 strings, so am putting up my wonderful 2012 American Special for sale.

These basses are terrific. A lovely thin satin nitro finish on a three-piece alder body. The neck is 41.3 mm wide at the nut and has a lovely shallow, "slim C" shape, which is very playable.

This bass weighs 8.5lbs, balances well on a strap, and sounds terrific. Pickup is the American Standard Alnico Split Single-Coil.

I have upgraded with Hipshot HB7 Lollypop tuners, Dunlop straplocks, and thumb rest. Original parts (apart from the tuners, which have been sold) will be included in the sale though.

Due to the thin finish, it does have some minor marks and bumps, but it's all down to it being such a playable bass!

It's currently strung with Dr Sunbeams, not the flats shown here. Pick not included in sale :)

Due to the upgrades, I am asking [b]£700 firm[/b] for this beauty, including a Mono Sleeve, collected from NE Hampshire. Happy to post at your expense (about £15).

[b]I'd be happy to trade for a 5 string ACG, fretted or fretless, in Krell or Recurve styles. [/b]

Thanks all

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1442745264' post='2869107']
In the unlikely event it doesn't pan out, put me in the queue please Gareth.
Good luck though.
[/quote]

Will do Karl, cheers :)

Oh and remember I have the same finish in fretless, so you could always do a neck swap ;)

Edited by walbassist

Having gigged my Sterling on Sat night, I've decided to put something else up for sale instead :rolleyes: :P

The fretless idea isn't going to work for me unfortunately as I would end up keeping the original neck, to keep it erm, original, thus costing me more to buy an extra neck and ultimately losing me more on both bass and replacement neck.
Will see what happens after next Sat's viewing.

Thanks though Gareth and good luck,
cheers,
Karl.