Why become a member? ×

Looking for a one lightweight one cab solution?

kevvo66

Hiya people , now I love my eden cab 212 with tweeter American made beast ,she's a beauty , but hauling her out of the attic for gigs ,don't panic people it's a converted attic and my music room too,is killing me , so I need one cab solution but finding something to replace this beast is quit a task ,not really interested in high end beautique models been there done that , you worry to much about people knocking them over and stuff like that ,I'm after something lighweight and compact , come on people give me some advice please ,ps will I miss my American girl yes , when she in her flight case not so much !!!

Well 212 wise the Barefaced cabs are great, used my Super 12T today with our guitarist sorting his new 412 out and in no way was his sound swamping mine. Was very pleased in fact.

But other than that I`d look at Schroeders if you can get hold of one, light, very powerful, definite contenders. And the Genz Benz cabs also seem to be well thought of. Markbass as well.

But if I were looking at a new cab at present, I`d be checking out TKS - there`s a thread on here about them, they seem to be very good value.

I'd Suggest a fearless f112/f115.

May find it can fill the boots of that 2x12 fine.

there's always the f212 which could be less cumbersome than that looking at the shape and what the weight possibly might be reduced by.

Unfortunately not backed up by personal experience, but hopefully that'll change soon ;)

Take a look at the TechSoundsystems 2x12 MacDaddy has in the For Sale section. I use the vertically stacked version which is an absolute beast of a cab. This one has folded speakers and it will be tiny but pack one hell of a punch.

Do you need it to perform as per the 212..?
I think there are lightweight options to do that, but
I'd tend to run 2 rigs and horses for courses.

I've used lightweight 112's for the loud pub and I have the bigger
rig for stages and good load-ins.
Depending on the gigs that you do, maybe you just need to augment
your stage gear, rather than selling the Eden...especially as you like it
so much.

I use a 212 and did use 2 112's. I'd say that there was no difference in stability between the 2 and no chance of knocking either over.

2 112's are lighter to carry if 2 journeys aren't a problem. Either way I also use a good trolley so apart from flights of stairs I don't carry anything.

Like Lozz said, the Schroeders are great. I have a Schroeder 2x10, 36 pounds, unbelievable beautiful, punchy sound and so light. Jorg Schroeder is great to work with--he'll get you what you want. See his site and get in touch with him, you won't be disappointed!

W.