Why become a member? ×

February Composition Challenge - GET RECORDING!

Skol303

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1423442870' post='2684917']

'Heavy' is, indeed, the operative word. Speaking of words, I liked the lyrics; I'm very choosy. ;)
[/quote]
I saw what you did there :)

Heavy , yes , but with a subtle nod to the smile on the front of the engine :)

Having received some great advice on here about getting a good tone when recording I had a go at recording a tune that had been forming in my head. I popped along here to check the theme, and expanded the tune to fit.

I need to re-record some instruments, clean up a couple of parts that aren't working and do the mixing (eq tweaks so that no instrument is stepping on the toes of others mostly) and I should have my first entry in a looking time :)

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1423580739' post='2686580']
I have written mine but I need Al Di Meola to play it. Can anyone play gutiar like him?

('cos I sure as hell can't :lol:)
[/quote]

Write it into Guitar Pro 6..? It's very good for many styles (although maybe not [i]quite [/i]as sensitive in phrasing as Al Di Meola...). :) What format is it written in..?

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1423590640' post='2686758']
Write it into Guitar Pro 6..? It's very good for many styles (although maybe not [i]quite [/i]as sensitive in phrasing as Al Di Meola...). :) What format is it written in..?
[/quote]

Old fashioned recording - I didn't use my usual 'Sibelius/Cubase' route but wrote it on guitar and went straight to digital.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1423601729' post='2686997']
Old fashioned recording - I didn't use my usual 'Sibelius/Cubase' route but wrote it on guitar and went straight to digital.
[/quote]

Ah, the trusty old 'Al Di Meola' way, eh..? 'Tis still the best..! ;)

It's all gone to cock!! Here is my effort but there are a load of techno glitches in there that I need to deal with which were not on the original so must have been in the audio download. I will try and address it if I get time but, in the meantime, here is my Al Di Meola shredfest.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/robert-palmer-1/turkey-three-ways"]https://soundcloud.c...rkey-three-ways[/url]

Just been having a listen to the entries. Good interpretations of the picture. All different from what I envisioned, but that's the beauty of music. :)

Mine's almost done, it's just getting time to do a little her & there & get the iPad off the Mrs.

I'm gonna get back to it just now.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1423692751' post='2688098']
Here's my entry. Made entirely on the iPad using Korg Gadget.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/xgsjx/ivor"]https://soundcloud.com/xgsjx/ivor[/url]
[/quote]

Ivor feeling that this is going to be popular. :D

Mine's coming along nicely. As per usual it's got a spy-music feel to it with some old movie dialogue jammed into semi-appropriate spots. I'm just deciding on whether to go for a synth or to add strings to my brass section (I'm leaning towards the strings).

Next up will be a bit of mixing but I've been following advice I've read and I've been trying to get it right by just balancing the volume of each track first. I'm hoping the mixing stage will just separate some sounds from each other so you can hear them more clearly. Might have it done by the end of the week :)