Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

I get to gig this fella for the first time tonight.

If you're Manchester based and want a closer look at one then you'd be welcome for a natter and a try at the Steamhouse, Sale, [font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]M33 2DH.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font]

[quote name='zvirus' timestamp='1456559680' post='2990220']
Hi Everyone,

Had one of the Adrian`s Basses and It was LOVELY bass except this:

And Just wonder Am I just bad luck guy or what? Around 90% of frets sticking out off the fretboard.

Thanks,
Tomas
[/quote]

Ouch. Did you speak to Adrian about it?

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1456561028' post='2990230']
Ouch. Did you speak to Adrian about it?
[/quote]

Hi,

Yes I did but not sure if Shall I make it public... Problem solved at my end - bass has been sold. Neck re fretted more-less with the same results...
Its an old case but wonder if I`m the only unlucky guy...

Edited by zvirus

[quote name='zvirus' timestamp='1456561161' post='2990233']

Hi,

Yes I did but not sure if Shall I make it public... Problem solved at my end - bass has been sold. Neck re fretted more-less with the same results...
Its an old case but wonder if I`m the only unlucky guy...
[/quote]

Certainly quite odd, the frets on mine are perfect!

Si

"[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]not sure if Shall I make it public" - well, you've made the problem with the frets public so I don't see why it would not be appropriate to let us know what kind of support you've received from Adrian.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am not saying you should copy and paste the exact exchange you had but if I recall correctly there have been quite a few threads on this very forum where issues with guitar builders had been made public and different experiences from individual buyers shared. You say it's an old case so things may have changed since then - but I am now simply intrigued as to how you've recolved this.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Just a thought.[/font][/color]

Hi,

frets sticking out of bass have happened to me on a lot of basses I have had over the years. Brands I shall not name as its not the point and a lot of them were way more expensive things than Adrian's stuff. Its usually a 10 minutes job for any qualitfied tech.

Surprising though as i really LOVE fretjobs on the ones I have here, just as good as any other brand out there , usually costing at least twice those.

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1456594448' post='2990619']
Hi,

frets sticking out of bass have happened to me on a lot of basses I have had over the years. Brands I shall not name as its not the point and a lot of them were way more expensive things than Adrian's stuff. Its usually a 10 minutes job for any qualitfied tech.

Surprising though as i really LOVE fretjobs on the ones I have here, just as good as any other brand out there , usually costing at least twice those.
[/quote]

Hi,

In short - after lot of arguing I have sent the neck back for re fretting work (I was expecting new neck but of course was wrong) Got this back (see attachment)

So from that moment I knew buying an instrument ON-LINE is a JOKE but unfortunately I live at the end of the world...

Case closed and happy to hear I was the only one.

Cheers!

[quote name='cana.dan' timestamp='1457202882' post='2996356']
Finally decided to contact Adrian about getting a P bass in Fiesta Red. However, after a back and forth it seems his Fiesta Red isn't quite as pink as I'd like it to be, so I'm having to look elsewhere. Bummer!
[/quote]

Ah, that's a shame. It's a pretty red, though.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nebassbin/permalink/631032803664274/

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1457203211' post='2996364']
Ah, that's a shame. It's a pretty red, though.

[url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/nebassbin/permalink/631032803664274/"]https://www.facebook...31032803664274/[/url]
[/quote]
Yeah just not quite what I'm after. Top marks for his quick communication though.

[quote name='cana.dan' timestamp='1457202882' post='2996356']
Finally decided to contact Adrian about getting a P bass in Fiesta Red. However, after a back and forth it seems his Fiesta Red isn't quite as pink as I'd like it to be, so I'm having to look elsewhere. Bummer!
[/quote]

It's a pretty kind of red. I have one in that colour, you're welcome to check it out in person if you're not sure about it.
But it's not really pinkish, no.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1457302720' post='2997265']
It's ten weeks this week; I'm starting to itch with excitement!
[/quote]

Nothing beats the Exitement, when a new Bass is on its Way to you.. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

yes, I've just seen that. Very very tempting.

I mentioned somewhere an Elwood that [i]might[/i] be for sale. Well, the owner (my friend) took it to LBGS, compared to some Stenbacks, Mayos etc and it doesn't seem to be for sale anymore.

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/34i0lzq.jpg[/IMG]