Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

1 hour ago, ead said:

Tried on a few different browsers but no joy.

Does the configurator not work, or just the configurator when you click on Jake TB in the jake selector?

Hmm.. seems I can never configure anything less than €2k :)

Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 16.16.46.png

Also odd you can't pick multiscale on the configurators

49 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Does the configurator not work, or just the configurator when you click on Jake TB in the jake selector?

Hmm.. seems I can never configure anything less than €2k :)

Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 16.16.46.png

Also odd you can't pick multiscale on the configurators

Seems to work for a basic Jake C, when I click on any of the other 3 options it still behaves like the Jake C.  Quite odd really.  Everything else about the browers seems fine on other websites e.g. Sandberg configurator (another very dangerous web page).

1 minute ago, ead said:

Seems to work for a basic Jake C, when I click on any of the other 3 options it still behaves like the Jake C.  Quite odd really.  Everything else about the browers seems fine on other websites e.g. Sandberg configurator (another very dangerous web page).

Clicking on the Jake TB just changes the pickups to the TB pickups, the rest of the configurator works exactly the same way except you can't pick a different pickup.

1 hour ago, ead said:

When I tried it it just stays as the stand P bass split coil.

Sometimes the Maruszczyk configurator is ridiculously slow and doesn’t update the image, although the price does, surprise, surprise. I’ve had your problem in the past, it’s annoying. Tell us what you’d like and maybe we could configure it and post the image and cost here. Either that, or give it another go tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

After a smidge over 6 months, I finally have my proper sofa shot:

maruszczyk-elwood4a-2tonepurple-sofashot

Yes, I may have previously exhibited all the patience of a 5-year-old in Hamleys. But that's all in the past and forgotten now, of course. I am nothing if not a very predictable manchild.

Because, boy... I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it's a bit of a looker, right? I mean, just gaze in dumbstruck awe at the chatoyance on that neck 🧐

Alas, not all is totally perfect. The sofa shot revealed that:

• The nut is the wrong colour - I wanted white to match the binding. This has already been fixed by Adrian and crew during the "choose your string retainer" phase, however, so that's all good 🙂
  • I ordered string-through-body, and as you can see, that's been missed. Adrian immediately told me they'd fix this, but I am slightly concerned given the less-than-stellar post-build corrective experience of some others [as reported way back in this thread]
  • Separate battery compartments - I guess I should have asked for one dual-battery compartment, but you'd have thought they'd have worked out by now that two single-battery compartments is aesthetically lacking, and incorporated a dual without anyone needing to ask. Is there another reason that I may have overlooked? Balance, perhaps?
  •  

So while my experience hasn't been faultless - and I want to stress that Adrian has been lightning fast when it comes to responding to my emails - I'm still optimistic that once I get my mitts on this, it'll be bloody awesome.

Did I point out the gorgeous neck already? Oh.

Obviously, I'll post an update when it arrives.

Edited by simisker
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gazzatriumph said:

Been told it will take 4 months to receive, is the quality good as I noticed a few complaints in older posts.

Both mine were/are fine as was the off the peg Jake I had for a while.

On 12/03/2022 at 16:29, gazzatriumph said:

Been told it will take 4 months to receive, is the quality good as I noticed a few complaints in older posts.

The Elwood I've just received [the purple one above] is top quality, with no niggles. My concerns about the remedial work that was required were completely unfounded - they did a perfect job.

I'll post later with my thoughts and findings about my Maruszczyk experience in more detail... but suffice to say that it's 100% praise so far :)

Edited by simisker
toning down the smileys

I bought an off the peg Elwood L5 back in early 2016, and based on the quality of that I ordered a Jake p5+ later that year. Other basses have come and gone, but I still have both of them. The Jake particularly is always my first choice, I'll admit I have considered getting rid of the Elwood... but only so I could replace it with a second Jake. Neither have ever given me a moments trouble, and both sound great, recorded or live.

I'm new here, I've made my introduction post so here is my second post!

I bought a Mensinger Cazpar 4p about 18 months ago, I have really bonded with it, the setup it came with was perfect for me, so when it came time to change the strings I wanted get the same strings that were on it which I was told by Adrian were Maruszczyk's own short scale strings. So I bought some but they were very different to the strings it came with. The new Maruszczyk strings are red wrapped at the headstock end, they feel rougher than the strings the bass came with. Anyway I wrote and and asked Adrian and he said the strings I have bought are definitely Maruszczyk and it was likely my bass shipped with other strings if they had run out of their own, but he couldn't tell me what make!

The original strings are not wrapped and have chrome coloured balls not brass, I guess they are not D'Addario as those would have coloured balls, I currently haver Ernie Ball on but they have brass balls so not them.

I would be curious to know what strings any other Cazpar users use or if anyone has any ideas what the stock strings I had might have been. I mean at the end of the day there aren't that many short scale strings, especially here in the UK. I am using 45 65 85 105 which is the gauge of the Maruszczyk shorts, I'm not sure but it might be possible that the original strings are slightly thinner, I'm not sure.

Thanks

Not much help but I assume they changed suppliers. My Jake 5p came with Maruszczyk Nickel strings and I liked them so bought a few more packs, these were all unsilked as you describe. I ordered more when they ran out, a year or so later and the new ones came with red silk, and a slightly rougher feel. I carried on using them though, as they sound fine,  last well enough, and they're inexpensive... But they're definitely different strings to the original ones.