Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

4 hours ago, Ian McFly said:

I sent him photos, and he replied that “it’s possible to do but is this good? There’s no shine to them”. 

So he understood the question but doesn’t understand the appeal for a satin/matte finished metallic colour. Too bad, coz I do. 
Sadowsky did the Satin series a few years ago, and a whole lot was metallic finishes. Looked stunning. Much better than opaque finishes in satin/matte. 

Question is: does he have to like it or understand it to build it?

He's definitely a man of few words but I learnt to know that it's not meant in any sort of rude way

rarely answers more than "yes" "no" "ok" but has always sorted me out for anything I needed 

as to wether he has to like something in order to build it - I would say that after dedicating 16 years of his life for his company he's pretty free to do what he wants. Metallic colours with a Satin finish are 100% possible so while I , myself , don't care that much for it I do get his point that to some (maybe him?!) a Metallic colour without a gloss could look dull. 

however if you insist - maybe he will build it?? I don't know :) 

Edited by pierreganseman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, pierreganseman said:

He's definitely a man of few words but I learnt to know that it's not meant in any sort of rude way

rarely answers more than "yes" "no" "ok" but has always sorted me out for anything I needed 

This for me too, and I've two of his basses.

On 10/09/2020 at 11:58, paul h said:

Haven't been here in years but thought I would share my Jake.

Vintage cream, roasted maple neck with flamed fretboard. 38mm nut. Monorail bridge. Matching headstock. Haussel pickups.

Couldn't be happier. 

Bang on 12 weeks too.

IMG_5076.jpg

Roasred Roasted flamed maple makes for a really sweet and distinguished fretboard. Reminds me a little of mahogany or bubinga! Goes well with that rich tortoiseshell 'guard.

Edited by PlungerModerno
  • Like 1

My god! That Corvette in “maroon sparkle” or what ever.

Delicious and my fantasy car ever since I had 2 of them.......

......bought for me for my 10th ( I think birthday ), Corgis that is!

It was the previous model with the bar down the middle of the rear window.

Still got one of them in a box in the loft. I’ll have to get them out. A bit battered since my Dad let my nephew play with them !! Grrrrrrr! Even gave him some so I discovered when stock taking many years later. 

Anyway, end of rant and Plus One here for Maruszczyk basses I have 2 but maybe another day to enthuse.

An Absolution 5a , Haeusel ? and Glokenclang  and an Elwood 5a X24 XR3 Corvette.......but not Stingray........confusing in later life init ?!! Delano pockups and Pre. Different palates of sound, both very “rich” but with a broader range of you need it due to excellent Pres. Ah, both great in Passive too.

Both from Gornymusic in, errrrr, Switzerland. Check the site.....gornymusic.summut. Bartek ? the owner was massively helpful on the phone 3 years ago when I got them both together. Pics are by Bartek of my actual basses. I wouldn’t be able to better them.

Keep safe , Quent

6C63EEAD-264B-4261-BD23-1E7A52824CB4.jpeg

FD2AAAD5-1037-4442-9256-BC368A5C7F54.jpeg

7EA9D338-BB69-4CCF-868C-24B19E8D7FEA.jpeg

853761F4-2F93-4932-A9DF-FA25B81B268E.jpeg

A7651362-B2D6-457C-AFD4-1560F61855E0.jpeg

11 hours ago, DylanB said:

It has been 12 days since I ordered this thing. 12 weeks seems like it’s gonna be a really long time! And I’m assuming the border situation will add a few more days/weeks on as some others have experienced. Nevertheless I am excited!

C7430529-AE56-43A8-A42E-3A7904673664.jpeg

Nice, understated configuration; good choices made there. 12 weeks would normally fly by, these days maybe not so much. It’ll be worth the patience in the end.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

Nice, understated configuration; good choices made there. 12 weeks would normally fly by, these days maybe not so much. It’ll be worth the patience in the end.

Sorry, speaking as someone with the attention of a small goldfish, 12 weeks has always been an age!

Its sort of similar to mine, with the grain, headstock, P/J, except I have no pickguard and a control plate! Think i will get a east retro for mine one day

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pierreganseman said:

just took 5 and 7 weeks to deliver in UK. UPS. 

7 weeks from Public Peace to UK. For sake of example let's say destination London, 330 mile trip. About 6 miles a day over 7 weeks .. Could have walked it 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Ian McFly said:

Absolutely ridiculous! You could ship something from EU to Australia back and forth probably 5 times in that time period...

Although I was reading that they had finally sorted the "backlog" at the border, but it's still pretty ridiculous...

They absolutely haven’t sorted the backlog. Things are taking 2+ weeks to get into my company from Poland and a Germany still. It’s a flipping nightmare.

2 minutes ago, Merton said:

They absolutely haven’t sorted the backlog. Things are taking 2+ weeks to get into my company from Poland and a Germany still. It’s a flipping nightmare.

Definitely not.

I have a largish parcel going to a client in Brussels. It spent a week in UK customs and is now in it's 3 week in Belgium customs (who are currently quoting a 20-24 day processing time). My GF's business isn't doing any better having parcels going to The Netherlands taking 4+ weeks to arrive.

• Sad 1

Does anyone here have an Elwood or a Jake with a non-angled headstock and a string retainer/tree?

If yes, how does it interact with the zero-fret? I asked Adrian if it’s possible to make a flat headstock with a string retainer, and said it doesn’t work well with the zero-fret... seems to work well on Sandbergs though. 

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Ian McFly said:

Does anyone here have an Elwood or a Jake with a non-angled headstock and a string retainer/tree?

If yes, how does it interact with the zero-fret? I asked Adrian if it’s possible to make a flat headstock with a string retainer, and said it doesn’t work well with the zero-fret... seems to work well on Sandbergs though. 

Thanks!

Honestly, that sounds like a load of B...

Like you say, Sandberg (and others) show there's no problem. It does sound like a big departure on the way they make things so that's probably the reason. Making necks with a different profile, or different pickup routes etc, easy, but that's a different way of making the necks and I can understand he may not consider it worth the investment. Just my thoughts.

What don't you like about the angled headstock? They're solid, if that was a concern.

I know that @wateroftyne has a Jake with regular headstock 

I asked him in private message a while ago and said he has no issues whatsoever with the zero fret. 

As you said it’s probably more of an effort for them and maybe not worth it. 

I have an angled headstock on my Elwood 5, and while I don’t mind it, I prefer a flat headstock... not something I need, more something I want. I can do without though if it proves to be an actual issue but so far, I don’t think it is. 

• Like 1