Why become a member? ×

Colour of the cable...

Guest BeardyBob

Are all of the cables you tested of the same specification? The colour of the outer sleeve should make no difference whatsoever - it is an insulator and plays no part in the electrical connection.

If it's the wires inside that are green, yes that would make a difference as it means the copper has got damp and oxidised.

... token sensible reply :)

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1418162639' post='2627649']
As an apprentice i was sent to the stores for a long weight.....

I send apprentices to the stores to get sparks for the grinder and the storeman asks them what colour?

Just saying ��
[/quote]

[quote name='jmchich' timestamp='1418194919' post='2627775']
Long weight, glass hammer, tartan paint, left handed screwdriver etc etc
[/quote]

Presumably noone actually falls for these time honoured wind ups? I mean first time around would almost be forgivable, if you were victim of the guy who actually first thought of it, but not now surely... after they've been kicking around for decades?

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1418201033' post='2627817']
Presumably noone actually falls for these time honoured wind ups? I mean first time around would almost be forgivable, if you were victim of the guy who actually first thought of it, but not now surely... after they've been kicking around for decades?
[/quote]

Unfortunately, absolute stupidity is a timeless affliction!

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1418162639' post='2627649']
As an apprentice i was sent to the stores for a long weight.....

I send apprentices to the stores to get sparks for the grinder and the storeman asks them what colour?

Just saying
[/quote]
[color=#222222]Used to happen at a place I previously worked at. A lot. The store man eventually took pity on one poor lad who was sent round to get a replacement bubble for a spirit level - disassembled a spare level and gave him the glass bulb to take back. Was the last time that lad was sent on an errand.[/color]

[quote name='DaytonaRik' timestamp='1418205247' post='2627865']
But I really hate it when on the odd occasion I use a cable, the guitarist stands on it and my volume suddenly drops off
[/quote]

yeh, and then when he takes his foot off, you get a sudden woosh of volume!