Why become a member? ×

Thunderfunk 750a in Boschma ABS case. FS/FT
£850

LukeFRC

Price £850 ono or trade....

Here we have an excellent example of one of the best solid state amps ever made.
Made by Dave Funk in the USA with a attention to detail and design, for example it uses a El iron transformer rather than a [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Toroidal[/font][/color] as he feels it sounds better, look on www.thunderfunk.com for more sales type speak....

It's flexible, between the enhance and timbre controls you can sculpt your tone, and if thats not enough you've got a bass and treble and a 4 band semi parametric Eq. And man the punch and power behind each note from the power section is awesome - notes have a real weight behind them in a way I didn't experience with my class D amps I've had (can of worms opened, sorry!)

design wise it follows on from the AMP/Gibson line that also spawned SWR and Eden. Obvious differences is the lack of valve pre that SWR and Eden use and also it's not a mass produced amp!

In great condition, in a the pictured hard case and with a recent service report from the previous owner.

so why am I selling? Well the Thunderfunk has always been a holy grail amp for me that I've had GAS for for ages. When I was offered a trade (with me adding money) for my Hellborg pre I jumped on it! Annoyingly... I don't know what it is, but I'm not gelling with it at all as an amp - it sounds great.... but just not quite "my sound" using my Warwicks. Not a problem with it with the BB1200 but seeing as my 'wicks are my main two basses.... I've tried hard in the last month to get used to it but... nope. So it's up for sale or trade.

Tradewise I'm open for offers, I kinda know vaguely where I want to go amp wise but ask, I can only say no!

I'm in Leeds and can post or drive a reasonable distance. (will be in Essex/London for christmas)

More photos or questions just ask....

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1417742319' post='2623736']
I'd try putting it together with some Bergantino cabs. You might finally fall in love with it.
[/quote]

I was going to say what cabs are being used with it..... and would agree with the Berg match-up..
Also works well with DB cabs, IME..

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1417876447' post='2624776']
I was going to say what cabs are being used with it..... and would agree with the Berg match-up..
Also works well with DB cabs, IME..
[/quote] aguilar DB cabs?

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1419463887' post='2640345']
Bump for a nice chap and a great amp.
[/quote] cheers dimarco! :)

So I had a nice christmas so while the trade valuation is the same feel free to offer me lower cash offers around 750 mark....

• 3 weeks later...