Why become a member? ×

The Alternative Rock Factfile. It's Back for a Christmas Edition!

yorks5stringer

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1429699870' post='2754021']
It seems that Viz (the magazine that's "better than nothing") are keen to get in on the act too.

[attachment=190232:Screen-Shot-2015-04-13-at-10.01.38.png]
[/quote]
Those rascals. Anyway good to know as its my birthday today too. How they missed me off their list is strange.

"200 degrees, that's why they call me Mr Farenheit", sang Freddie Mercury.

Now I now that Mercury isn't his real name, but I'm pretty sure it isn't Farenheit either.

And I suspect that most if not all of those degrees were purchased from some "virtual" college.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1429718678' post='2754261']
There are lots of pail imitators but "The Alternative Fact File" stands top of my bucket list.
[/quote]

That is seau beyond the pail. :mellow:

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1429718678' post='2754261']
There are lots of pail imitators but "The Alternative Fact File" stands top of my bucket list.
[/quote]
This hypothesis just doesn't hold water ;)

Edited by RandomBass

This 'views' counter thing is a [i]complete swindle[/i]. Clearly someone has their thumb on the scales and is suppressing numbers which indicate the [i]true[/i] popularity of the endeavour. :o

I've just now come in and out of this thread three times, refreshing my browser each time. Yet the counter is still sitting on 32,113 views which is what it was before I started.

To paraphrase Mr Richard Keys' observation at the time of his enforced departure from Sky Sports: '[i]Dark forces are at work[/i]'.

Not that I'm bothered by minutiae, but the counter is "moi" and I have not the inclination to sit in front of a screen watching the numbers tick off up to the next 1000 and then manually adjust the thread title.
If someone however could devise a programme to do this I could sit on my luxury dessert island (Banofee Island) raking in my share of the increased advertising royalties.......?
Re the counter itself, I am sure darker forces are at work suppressing the clicks as I believe a green-eyed monster lurks within.

Anyway, back to more mundane matters: The Shadows only gig on sunny days and with their backs to the sun.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1429808660' post='2755222']

The Tornadoes, of Telstar fame, are however related to Michael Fish (don't mention the great storm).
[/quote]
Indeed. Michael Fish famously said there would not be a hurricane. Alex Higgins is obviously not available for comment.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1429821529' post='2755379']
Hurricane Smith, one time Beatles recording engineer and Pink Floyd producer is also not available for comment. Clearly there were hurricanes.
[/quote]

I'm sure Thunderclap Newman would be happy to comment however?

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1429801539' post='2755115']
Re the counter itself, I am sure darker forces are at work suppressing the clicks as I believe a green-eyed monster lurks within.
[/quote]

Dark forces. Green-eyed monster. A dark green monster.

With eyes.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1429832611' post='2755494']
I'm sure Thunderclap Newman would be happy to comment however?
[/quote]
Nanette Newman turned down a backing singer session on the Stone's Let It Bleed recording, it was too late however and the sleeve notes were already at the printers. But she did contribute backing vocals to this one hit wonder band.

Edited by pfretrock

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1429865980' post='2755656']
Nanette Newman turned down a backing singer session on the Stone's Let It Bleed recording, it was too late however and the sleeve notes were already at the printers. But she did contribute backing vocals to this one hit wonder band.
[/quote]

Nanette Newman? Fairy 'nough.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1429865980' post='2755656']
[/quote]

No, No, Nanette