Why become a member? ×

The Alternative Rock Factfile. It's Back for a Christmas Edition!

yorks5stringer

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1415610895' post='2601856']
When a young Marvin Lee Aday was discussing his future music career over lunch one day with a girl he was hoping to impress, she asked what his stage name was going to be. In a bit of a panic, he glanced at the menu and said the first thing he saw. It was only when Bat Out Of Hell was about to be released that his manager finally convinced him to change his name from Garlic Mushroom.
[/quote]

That's brilliant :lol:

• 5 months later...

[size=3][color=#000000]Jazzy B is revitalising Soul to Soul in early 2017 and will be auditioning for the following new band members:[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Alternative A[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000]Bluesy B flat[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000]Country C[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000]Dancy D[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000]Electro E[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000]Folky F[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000]Gothy G[/color][/size]

Edited by yorks5stringer

Little known but true.

The Julie Andrews song "Supercalifragilisticexpialidoshus" Was originally recorded by the band Cradle of Filth and was entitled "Supercalousfladgelisticexpertcunnilingus" but was sadly banned by the BBC.

Edited by mikel

Megan Trainer and Charlie Puth are following up their hit ‘Let’s Marvin Gaye and get it on’ with a new album.

Tracks include

Let’s Otis Redding and sit at the Dock of the Bay
Let’s Lionel Richie and Hello
Let’s Michael Jackson and Doctor my Eyes
Let’s Martha Reeves and Dance in the Street
Let’s the Supremes and Stop in the name of Love
Let’s Stevie Wonder Living for the City
Let’s Smokey Robinson Going to the Go-Go

Sources close to the couple reject the album is just a cynical marketing ploy saying: ‘the American public is too sophisticated to be fooled by song titles that just incorporate the name of an artist coupled with one of their hits’.

Following injunctions served by Swedish and Norwegian Copyright Lawyers, the popular Alan Partridge character has had to be killed off by Steve Coogan. The rueful Actor and Comedian said ‘This will be Radio Norwich’s loss but I’m stuffed if I can’t use the phrases, ‘Knowing me, Knowing You’ and ‘A-Ha’. However he went on to say ‘I suppose the sun always shines on TV’ and ‘that’s the name of the game’.

Edited by yorks5stringer

After quitting Slade, gravel tonsilled front man Noddy Holder struggled for money so he turned his hand to inventing. His first effort was the Noddy Cup Holder which was a merchandising disaster and led to several Court cases where purchasers had been scolded with hot beverages.

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1482403973' post='3200203']
After quitting Slade, gravel tonsilled front man Noddy Holder struggled for money so he turned his hand to inventing. His first effort was the Noddy Cup Holder which was a merchandising disaster and led to several Court cases where purchasers had been scolded with hot beverages.
[/quote]
[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1482406894' post='3200234']
Slade's guitarist was more successful however with the Dave Hill Holder which is now fitted to most new cars.
[/quote]

Many overlook that the Band 'Slade' was actually a hotbed of invention. Prior to their musical careers, both Guitarist Dave Hill and Bassist Jim Lea developed a revolutionary climbing wall that not only expedited vertical ascents and descents but also horizontal moves too. However the 'Dave Lea Traverse' was abandoned due to copyright issues.

Breaking news from the ‘Second-best Guitarist in the World’. Jeff Beck is re-recording one of his early albums from the time when he worked part time on the Royal Mail.
Called ‘Post Truth’ the album will feature a 25 minute version of ‘Hi-Ho Silver Lining’ and an instrumental rendition of ‘Lyin’Eyes’

70's prog rock trio [i]May Blitz[/i] (anyone remember them?) have decided to reform to make that third studio album. However the band name does not seem to be politicaly correct in a post 70's world, so they have decided on a new name [i]May Brexit[/i]. The album will include old favourites like [i]Theresa's Smoking The Day Away[/i], [i]Fire Queen[/i] and [i]I Don't Know[/i].