Why become a member? ×

The Alternative Rock Factfile. It's Back for a Christmas Edition!

yorks5stringer

Justin Fletcher who plays Mr Tumble on children's tv is the long lost younger brother of Mark King. They had a falling out in 1935 when Mark was heard to say 'oi Justin, put my 'king bass down'. Justin soon after changed his surname to Fletcher by deed pole.

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1428224305' post='2739190']
Justin Fletcher who plays Mr Tumble on children's tv is the long lost younger brother of Mark King. They had a falling out in 1935 when Mark was heard to say 'oi Justin, put my 'king bass down'. Justin soon after changed his surname to Fletcher by deed pole.
[/quote]
1935? Deed pole?

BTW, Mr Tumble plays a R*ck*nb*ck*r. #srsly

[quote name='fatwull' timestamp='1428390806' post='2740727']
Beyonce once dated Roy Castle's son but was advised to break it off in case they got married,

she would have been "beyonce Castle"...... :gas:
[/quote]

Omfg!!!! Girlfriend and I seriously lolling to this!!!

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1428430550' post='2741225']
The Alternative Rock Factfile proudly proclaims over 27k 'views', when it [i]could [/i]proudly proclaim over 28k..! You read it here first. :)
[/quote]

28001, now that I've read that.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1428430550' post='2741225']
The Alternative Rock Factfile proudly proclaims over 27k 'views', when it [i]could [/i]proudly proclaim over 28k..! You read it here first. :)
[/quote]

Sorry about that, been working today and work seems to get in the way of life..and I'm working tomorrow too but I think we are OK before 29k is breached....

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1428443487' post='2741402']
Sorry about that, been working today and work seems to get in the way of life..and I'm working tomorrow too but I think we are OK before 29k is breached....
[/quote]

No apology needed, rather an acclamation of trumpets, beating of drums and loud hosannas. Onward and upward; here's to 30k...

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1428574067' post='2742501']
Gravel-voiced Bassist Ian Kilminster and Trevor McDoughnut are forming a duo. They are however searching for an appropriate name.
[/quote]

Kilminster plays a Rik, give the other chap a 5 string bass. Then it's Lemmy-a-Fiver. Any other name would cause confusion.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1428590400' post='2742778']
Kilminster plays a Rik, give the other chap a 5 string bass. Then it's Lemmy-a-Fiver. Any other name would cause confusion.
[/quote]

I'd say you almost rose to the challenge but wouldn't that just be Henry V?

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1428566223' post='2742400']
PJ Proby got his name after wearing pyjamas on stage. This was the only garment available after an unfortunate trouser-splitting incident on stage.
[/quote]

I thought he was named after he went missing and his parents thought he'd been abducted by aliens during the night?

Edited by yorks5stringer