Why become a member? ×

The Alternative Rock Factfile. It's Back for a Christmas Edition!

yorks5stringer

Classic rock song Smoke on the Water has its origin in a tragic incident that occurred while Deep Purple were recording near Lake Geneva. It was a bitterly cold winter, and parts of the lake had frozen over. One night Jon Lord nipped out for a ciggie, and in his preoccupation with lighting the thing failed to noticed that he had wandered too far out onto the lake's frozen surface...

Well, that's 20k views!

I set out for 1000 views and it has spiralled somewhat out of control to 20,000. I think that outside of the oft-visited topics such as "Packaging your Bass for Posting" etc., this thread is up there with the best of them.

It's Virtual Pints (or a soft beverage of your choice ) all round so on your next contribution please specify your tipple.

I guess the next milestone is 50k views?

Oh, and Stuart Zender [i]hates [/i]ambiguous spellings.

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1425911451' post='2712077']
60s band The Temperance Seven don't like to mention their 8th member, a violent, alcoholic electric bass player. I'd better have an orange juice, gave up beer after buying a Fender P bass. Cheers!
[/quote]

Cheers, a pint of virtual Orange please barperson for the guy just above me.

Billy Idol[i] loves [/i]Easter Island

[quote name='Phil Adams' timestamp='1425920297' post='2712245']
Bucks Fizz were all beer drinkers.
(Have we had that one yet? I can't remember and I ain't gonna read through 10 million posts to find out!) SO THERE!
[/quote]

Does any one remember the court case brought by a rival band-costume designer who claimed that the girls' skirts were a rip-off?