Why become a member? ×

Don't you just hate really talented kids?

leftybassman392

These guys are good.

I played with a very talented 13 year old blues guitarist. He could blast all the old guys into the weeds. Very funny to hear him singing in an unbroken voice, my woman done left me, etc! He's now living in the US playing in a Hip Hop band. Doing quite well from what I hear.

Really talented kids develop early and keep going. Most start fast then run out of steam and, when they are 19, are no better than any other good player.

• 3 months later...

These puppies rock. The singer is . . . well, tolerable, but the drummer is a monster! A bunch of Middle School kids covering 46 and 2 by Tool. They do a passable job, too! :-)

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKLvYGqaC0"]https://www.youtube....h?v=mYKLvYGqaC0[/url]

Edited by dadofsix

I am derelict for not commenting on the original post. Those three brothers were outstanding! It looks to me like they're on the stage at the Grand Old Opry in Nashville. I wonder if I'm right.

Hijacking the thread a wee bit, I saw John Paul Jones there a few months back playing with a group and just killing it -- first on a mandolin and then on a banjo. He wasn't even introduced until the very end. Just a humble guy with a monstrous amount of talent. These kids were great too. I hope they stick with it.

<><Peace

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1413191765' post='2575552']
I think mostly I just hate kids, the talent part doesn't really enter into it.
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='ColinB' timestamp='1421684469' post='2663934']
...talented frogs are worse...
[/quote]

Is it just me or does Steve Martin look a bit, uh... [i]asian?[/i]
Perhaps it's the default expression of someone playing with a frog (not a euphemism).