Why become a member? ×

Greenburst ACG 4 string

charic

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='charic' post='590897' date='Sep 5 2009, 01:58 PM']Well heres a quick snap Alan took, I can't wait to see the pictures taken properly either. I'm so excited that I'm already driving the misses mad lmao. Hopefully organise for it to be with me saturday :)

[attachment=32268:IMG_4099_2_.jpg][/quote]

Wow, looks great. I had wondered how that one was coming along. Can't wait to see some good pics. Sound clips would be even better.

You really do do yourself an injustice by saying your crap. If the pictures were rubbish I would have been less inclined to go with you as a luthier. However the basses looked great and the pictures show that.

Rubbish isnt the word I would suggest. More "honest"

[quote name='bassplace' post='590929' date='Sep 5 2009, 07:32 PM']Wow, looks great. I had wondered how that one was coming along. Can't wait to see some good pics. Sound clips would be even better.[/quote]

I'll probably get sound clips at some point. :)

[quote name='skelf' post='590944' date='Sep 5 2009, 07:48 PM']Don't get your hopes up to high for the "proper" pictures to be much better. It is a matter of record that I am crap with a camera.[/quote]

You really aren't 'crap' Alan, it's just that some other folk are a bit better and have more time on their hands because they aren't/can't make such beautiful instruments.

Don't change anything :)

well what to say,
ive now been playing this bass for 4 hours. A beautiful and brilliant piece of kit. The preamp is amazing as many have said. Took some getting used to though. Spent ages trying to get my sound and realised i was going about it all wrong and just dialled in several sounds that i liked before realising i had to mess with the amp. All of a sudden im able to dial in everything from warwick to pbass. Clangy to deep thud.

Playability wise the first comparison i made was to dr of the bass, nick's vigier as it was very similar. it plays a breeze for tap, slap, pick or fingerstyle.

More detail later :)

[quote name='charic' post='596569' date='Sep 12 2009, 02:27 PM']Playability wise the first comparison i made was to dr of the bass, nick's vigier as it was very similar. it plays a breeze for tap, slap, pick or fingerstyle.

More detail later :)[/quote]

If that's the case I'd better order an ACG!!!

Well done son! Let me know next time you are up here in the big city and you can drop it off at the studio!!!