Why become a member? ×

Greenburst ACG 4 string

charic

Well after being shocked at the looks of the ACG's on here I decided it was about time to plan my dream bass so I got in touch with alan. Spec is mostly agreed now. Just waiting for the funds (i.e. full time job) as this is my treat for making it through uni and staying sane and intact throughout. Despite travelling to uni from home for 3 years.

Heres the spec as it stands:
4 string Finn Bass
Bubinga Body
Quilted maple front and back with matching control cavity
Macassar ebony board
Wenge Neck with maple stringers
Coil Switch
Matching cavity cover

This is to be fairly different to the other basses I've seen Alan do which have been predominantly natural wood finishes. My favourite colour combination is green and black so I've decided on a greenburst similar to this
[attachment=11201:Greenbur...lt___top.jpg]

The black is to cover the bubinga areas and the maple stringers in the neck are to be a matching green aswell.

As for electronics we decided on the MM style pickups which will be ceramic at the bridge and alnico at the neck pickup for a good variety and modern sound. And the ACG EQ01 system.

Just need the job now :'(

Rik

Edited by charic

Great, a bubinga body. Just like the 'proper Warwick Thumb had back in the good old days!

Never heard of bubinga with a maple top and back though (or maybe I should get out more). The green stringers are really different as well.

I hope you get the funds together sooner rather than later, as I (for one) want to see this get built :)

[quote name='charic' post='247699' date='Jul 25 2008, 11:53 AM']so I've decided on a greenburst similar to this
[attachment=11201:Greenbur...lt___top.jpg][/quote]

Green is cool.

I have a Roscoe SKB3005 5 string which (until I get my 4 string ACG recurve) is the bass I turn to first currently out of the ten instruments I own.

Like I say. Green is cool.

Green is definately cool. Also one of the rarest colours ive seen on basses. Im going for that kinda warwick sound. If the maple has any sonic implecations on the bass it should add more treble and bite with any luck. Im finding out 2day if i get an interview =D

Edited by charic

• 1 month later...

Riteo then... The new job is finally pulling in the funds needed for this.

The spec has now had and matching back cavity cover added and and single-parrallel switch added.

Heres the first pictures...

The Front
[attachment=13256:Front.JPG]

The Back
[attachment=13257:Back.JPG]

The Neck
[attachment=13258:Neck.JPG]

I cant believe I'm actually doing this. I'm a bundle of nerves already!

[quote name='7string' post='282988' date='Sep 12 2008, 11:45 PM']Looks like it's going to be a great bass. Can't go wrong with a bit of quilt maple :)[/quote]
I concur. But oh my what maple! Suspense is gna kill me tho! Cnt wait to join the owners club!

A big thanks to sugden for producing this render for me. It simply looks stunning! I had something in my head, a rough idea.. and I thought nah it'll never look that good. This.. this looks SO much better!

I don't care about other basses now, this one is it.. the one!

[attachment=13384:Render.jpg]

I cant stop looking at it :)

[quote name='7string' post='283957' date='Sep 14 2008, 10:51 PM']I WANT A RENDER OF MINE, I WANT A RENDER OF MINE, I WANT A RENDER OF MINE, I WANT A RENDER OF MINE, I WANT A RENDER OF MINE :)[/quote]

Lol you've gotta ask alan very nicely im on an exclusive contract you know. :huh:

Hope this bass works out well I do love the green, think its gonna looke great.

[quote name='charic' post='283916' date='Sep 14 2008, 09:34 PM']A big thanks to sugden for producing this render for me. It simply looks stunning! I had something in my head, a rough idea.. and I thought nah it'll never look that good. This.. this looks SO much better!

I don't care about other basses now, this one is it.. the one!

[attachment=13384:Render.jpg]

I cant stop looking at it :)[/quote]

wow, that is going to look absolutely fantastic, good choices

• 2 weeks later...