Why become a member? ×

Customer Service From Warwick

Thunderbird

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1405068327' post='2498428']
+1. A lot of people criticising Warwick's attitude on here but we don't know what their actual response was.
[/quote] There attitude was not rude it was just that I felt brushed off and to me it felt like they did not care they basically say sorry you are not happy please send your strings back to the retailer as you bought from there but it does not answer anything I asked them in my email so I do feel very brushed off

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1405068327' post='2498428']
A lot of people criticising Warwick's attitude on here but we don't know what their actual response was.
[/quote]

Oh really! I don't believe for one moment that this could happen on Basschat! <_<

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405068643' post='2498432']
There attitude was not rude it was just that I felt brushed off and to me it felt like they did not care they basically say sorry you are not happy please send your strings back to the retailer as you bought from there but it does not answer anything I asked them in my email so I do feel very brushed off
[/quote]

But that's just how it works. I believe you should only contact the manufacturer (or the manufacturer who instructed the OEM to make your faulty thing) if you get nowhere with the retailer. I don't think it's rude at all for them to instruct you to go down this route.

Also, while I fully appreciate that there's a principle at stake here, you're really getting your nose out of joint over a set of strings.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1405068782' post='2498436']
Thunderbird has PM'd their response to me, and I have to say that while it's not above-and-beyond EPIC customer service, IMO it's perfectly reasonable.
[/quote] Like I said though it is a pretty bog standard reply and it did not answer one of the questions I asked but I do appreciate your input I find it good to have another opinion :)

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1405028582' post='2498194']
I had a dodgy Elixir E string last year from a set off ebay.
Contacted them via email and a new set of strings arrived a week later gratis. Very impressed with the whole experience.[/quote]
This doesn't surprise me. American customer service can be incredibly good (notice I said '[i]can be[/i]' :)). I had reason to contact SKB Cases a few years back and they were fantastic.
I would tend to agree with some of the other posters here. Your beef should be with Thomann really, not Warwick. The milk/farmer/shop example is a good one. I can understand the whole episode putting you off using W strings though.

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1405069378' post='2498449']
^ Well there is that yes - I've never been particularly blown away by Warwick strings despite buying a few sets.
[/quote] Agreed lesson learnt and moved on I did not like the service I got I had a moan about it some of you guys gave me some input and I may be right I may be wrong but at the end of the day I will stick to brands I trust and am happy with I am a grown up and can move on its not like am going to start a worldwide " I hate Warwick" thread or anything :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405068260' post='2498427']
I would PM you as I do not really think appropriate in the main forum
[/quote]

How can it be appropriate to slag off a company on a public forum but not post their side of the story?

I'm sorry you feel aggrieved about some duff strings but I think it's pretty clear from the responses here that you've dealt with things the wrong way and have created this storm in a teacup entirely yourself.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1405069668' post='2498456']
How can it be appropriate to slag off a company on a public forum but not post their side of the story?

I'm sorry you feel aggrieved about some duff strings but I think it's pretty clear from the responses here that you've dealt with things the wrong way and have created this storm in a teacup entirely yourself.
[/quote] I have given the gist of it but I do not really think it appropriate to put private conversations on an open forum, Would you post a private conversation out in the open? I just don't think it is right to do so sorry

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405068643' post='2498432']
There attitude was not rude it was just that I felt brushed off and to me it felt like they did not care they basically say sorry you are not happy please send your strings back to the retailer as you bought from there but it does not answer anything I asked them in my email so I do feel very brushed off
[/quote]

They weren't rude.
They offered you a perfectly reasonable and standard solution that would apply pretty much to anything you bought anywhere.
Maybe a bit of subtlety got lost in the translation of the communication - remember, it will be a German replying in his second language.
Thomann would probably just say they'll send another set anyway if you had followed the standard procedure and contacted them. Its not really worth their while to be shipping £15 items (which cost them about £5) backwards and forwards.
You cant be bothered to stick them in an envelope and pop to the post office.
And now you're slagging Warwick off on a public forum.
Quite disappointing really.
I'm out of here.......

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1405070428' post='2498468']
They weren't rude.
They offered you a perfectly reasonable and standard solution that would apply pretty much to anything you bought anywhere.
Maybe a bit of subtlety got lost in the translation of the communication - remember, it will be a German replying in his second language.
Thomann would probably just say they'll send another set anyway if you had followed the standard procedure and contacted them. Its not really worth their while to be shipping £15 items (which cost them about £5) backwards and forwards.
You cant be bothered to stick them in an envelope and pop to the post office.
And now you're slagging Warwick off on a public forum.
Quite disappointing really.
I'm out of here.......
[/quote] No they were not rude and I never said they were....I find your attitude very aggressive and immature and where did it say I could not be bothered to put them in an envelope? I thought we were having a sensible discussion on here but it seems that is not the case so as I am not willing to trade insults or get in to a playground mentality slanging match I am withdrawing from this I have said my bit I may be right I may be wrong but at least I put my feelings in a grown up and sensible way :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405070239' post='2498464']
I have given the gist of it but I do not really think it appropriate to put private conversations on an open forum, Would you post a private conversation out in the open? I just don't think it is right to do so sorry
[/quote]

Arguably you've done worse. You've posted your interpretation of something out in the open and used it to criticised a company without presenting their side of the story to 'the court'.

I just don't think that's fair, sorry.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1405060660' post='2498333']
One of the reasons I won't order from Thomann.
10 Euro postage oIn a bass bridge weighing what, 30/40 g?
It's a bass bridge, not the bloody Tyne bridge :lol:
[/quote]
Have you tried to post one to Germany? £8 including the packaging costs on an item often 3/4 of the price anywhere else seams fair to me, there is obviously a cut of point, plectrums and small items won't be worth it but for anything larger I've never seen lower prices and bigger purchases are free postage, my Stagg was £299 with free postage yet my local shop has to pay £369 to get then in before adding their cut, my double bass strings were £135 at thomann £150 everywhere else.

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1405068970' post='2498439']
:lol:

Morning tea spilt. Thanks Karl haha!
[/quote]
Thank you Adam, made my day worthwhile. Hope all going well on your road to stardom. Jealous, moi? :D

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1405071521' post='2498495']
Have you tried to post one to Germany? £8 including the packaging costs on an item often 3/4 of the price anywhere else seams fair to me, there is obviously a cut of point, plectrums and small items won't be worth it but for anything larger I've never seen lower prices and bigger purchases are free postage, my Stagg was £299 with free postage yet my local shop has to pay £369 to get then in before adding their cut, my double bass strings were £135 at thomann £150 everywhere else.
[/quote]

Agree with much you say, however, they do have some purchasing power with their couriers for obvious reasons.
The point I was trying to make is if I wanted a £180 bass, it would cost me the same for delivery as something that would come in a small jiffy bag (no comments discreet thank you :lol: ).
So for something small, that is in fact quite a lot cheaper, it makes little sense when I can get the same thing from the UK, higher price, cheaper postage, no currency waffling about.
Time to leave Mr TBird alone, enough perhaps?

MrPete1977, is that the Button Moon just down the road from Highley, where I will be all next week?

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405069095' post='2498441']
Mind you it has taught me a valuable lesson keep any packaging and only buy Rotosounds or Ernie Balls lol :)
[/quote]
I'll repeat this for the [u]third[/u] time..........you do NOT need the original packaging to return an item that is faulty and unfit for purpose.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1405073673' post='2498531']
you do NOT need the original packaging to return an item that is faulty and unfit for purpose.
[/quote]

I'd be willing to bet that Thomann will send you another set free of charge. Got to be worth an e-mail :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405068260' post='2498427']
I would PM you as I do not really think appropriate in the main forum
[/quote] Was it [i]that [/i]rude? I doubt it.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405070239' post='2498464']
I have given the gist of it but I do not really think it appropriate to put private conversations on an open forum, Would you post a private conversation out in the open? I just don't think it is right to do so sorry
[/quote]
So, how can we have an [i]open and balanced[/i] discussion with only your interpretation of the answer they gave.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405069095' post='2498441']
Mind you it has taught me a valuable lesson keep any packaging and only buy Rotosounds or Ernie Balls lol :)
[/quote]
Agreed, if you want to buy a bass, buy one from an instrument manufacturer. If you want to buy strings, buy them from a string maker who's prepared to put their OWN name on the packet, not live off the name of another company and potentially rubbish their name.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1405073166' post='2498525']

Thank you Adam, made my day worthwhile. Hope all going well on your road to stardom. Jealous, moi? :D

Agree with much you say, however, they do have some purchasing power with their couriers for obvious reasons.
The point I was trying to make is if I wanted a £180 bass, it would cost me the same for delivery as something that would come in a small jiffy bag (no comments discreet thank you :lol: ).
So for something small, that is in fact quite a lot cheaper, it makes little sense when I can get the same thing from the UK, higher price, cheaper postage, no currency waffling about.
Time to leave Mr TBird alone, enough perhaps?

MrPete1977, is that the Button Moon just down the road from Highley, where I will be all next week?
[/quote]
My button moon is in Staffordshire :)