Why become a member? ×

Any Vids of yourself??

bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='245721' date='Jul 22 2008, 10:19 PM']Hey guys?girls, was wondering if any of you had vids on You Tube, or anywhere else, of yourself playing. I would be really interested to see how good you all are, different styles etc!!
Anyone??? :)[/quote]

I only have bad quality live vids.

But to save any suspense I'm sh*t.

[quote name='ped' post='245729' date='Jul 22 2008, 10:23 PM']

Probably seen this before!! Do you have any? Good idea, would love to see more!

Cheers
ped[/quote]Erm..No Ped im way to shy!! Maybe will get a camera/and give it a go.

Thought it may good to see others play, its a great way to learn off of each other too!

Digging that Ped, beautiful tone!!!!!

Yes i certainly do :)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/Asomodai"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Asomodai[/url]

Its a mix of funk and punk.

I also have some vids of the band.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhME5uazSOs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhME5uazSOs[/url]

Above is a video of a metal/tango.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='245778' date='Jul 22 2008, 11:24 PM']Oh yes but unfortunately/fortunately most of the recordings of me would be rendered useless as they are so old that they are black and white and predate sound recording. In fact Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd moved the film industry on after we recorded ourselves :)[/quote]

I'm SURE Simon will have some vintage MLF footage somewhere...!

I'd love to see that.

[quote name='3V17C' post='245773' date='Jul 22 2008, 11:17 PM']the rock

the roll

peace

c[/quote]

No No No No that is so wrong. I got the UFO track in milliseconds (the rock) but listened to the second snippet (the roll) thinking it was the Spin Doctors... then realisation dawned!

This was taken on my Nokia N95 a few moths ago.
Very please with the way it came out considering i just handed my phone to a mate as i was going on stage.
The Bass was just coming from my rig and i was surprised how loud it was.

[url="http://davepearce.smugmug.com/gallery/4624343_iobGB/1/272887384_PqmPK/Large"]Blowup - Town Called Malice[/url]

Sorry its not on YT. Some of you might not be able to play it (if anyone bothers looking of course ;-).

Just got a HD camcorder so im hoping for some good footage soon.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='245779' date='Jul 22 2008, 11:25 PM']This is the only one I know of. A café in Aviemore last year.[/quote]

Ive seen a couple of bands in Avimore. Haven't seen yours but where was this?
Was it along the main road by the chip shop/Blacks etc?

My GF and our kids are up in Kemnay at the moment and we used to stay in Avimore quite a bit a few years ago. Her Brother is or maybe was "the only Goth in the village"

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='245876' date='Jul 23 2008, 10:08 AM']Ive seen a couple of bands in Avimore. Haven't seen yours but where was this?
Was it along the main road by the chip shop/Blacks etc?

My GF and our kids are up in Kemnay at the moment and we used to stay in Aviemore quite a bit a few years ago.[/quote]
Aye it was in Café Mambo's on the main drag - and correct, there is a chipper next door-ish.
We've only played Aviemore that once. It was a bit of a shambolic gig, the drummer forgot his cymbals and as you'll know it's a fair hike back to A/deen from there so we put out an APB for a set. Someone found a single ride cymbal but the drummer refused to go on with anything less than a full kit. Eventually 2 sets turned up at the same time but by then as we'd been resigned to fact that the gig was cancelled we'd been sitting getting quietly pished in a corner. Couldn't have been too bad cos they asked us back. :huh:

What were you doing up in Aviemore then? Are you a skier/boarder?

Hope your family took their factor 50 with them. It's bloody 'scorchio' up here just now. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='245899' date='Jul 23 2008, 10:40 AM']Aye it was in Café Mambo's on the main drag - and correct, there is a chipper next door-ish.
We've only played Aviemore that once. It was a bit of a shambolic gig, the drummer forgot his cymbals and as you'll know it's a fair hike back to A/deen from there so we put out an APB for a set. Someone found a single ride cymbal but the drummer refused to go on with anything less than a full kit. Eventually 2 sets turned up at the same time but by then as we'd been resigned to fact that the gig was cancelled we'd been sitting getting quietly pished in a corner. Couldn't have been too bad cos they asked us back. :huh:

What were you doing up in Aviemore then? Are you a skier/boarder?

Hope your family took their factor 50 with them. It's bloody 'scorchio' up here just now. :)[/quote]

Ah yes, Mambo's. couldn't remember the name. Not the best place to play but when i was there it was a good atmosphere.
At least it was only the cymbals that were forgotten. The drummer in one of my bands forgot his bass drum? How i dont know but the gig was so far away he couldn't turn back to get it.
He ended up having to improvise.

My Girlfriend grew up in Aviemore so we used to go a couple of times a year to see her mum. They then moved to Kemnay. Not quite so nice and a lot further.

Apparently, according to the lovely Andrea M on GMTV Aberdeen was the hottest part of the country yesterday. I find the highland fantastic in the summer.......ooops, going way off topic here.