Why become a member? ×

Northwest Bass Theory Study Group

Damonjames

Ok guys and girls, and mods feel free to redirect this as appropriate. But I got a PM today regarding a thread I started a couple of months back about bass teachers in and around the wigan (ish) areas. And there are some decent guys about to fill this spot, but as they are working musicians, timing seems to be the issue if you want regular lessons. Also, cost has some factor in it as some of them charge in accordance withe it experience level (entirely justified IMHO) but that doesn't always help us me mortals.
So the thought occurred to me, why don't we start a study group? Just as it happens,I know a great rehearsal space that may have just become available, and it got me thinking, if a few of us could get together, we could hire the room and have a quality tutor come in for 3 hours one week, then we can all push each other and help each other out for the rest of the month.
Obviously the syllabus as suck would be agreed alone by consensus, but I think it could be a great way to meet some new basschatters and also learn something along the way.
If this sounds like nonsense ten by all means tell me, but if anyone is interested, either post in this thread or PM me and we can see if we can get this going.
Mods, I would like to stress this will be a strictly not for profit excersize, just trying to expand the concept of an online community!

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1404506159' post='2493397']
Yep - sounds good to me, always looking to expand my horizons on bass and always good to meet other local BC'ers.
Slightly off topic but maybe the Rehearsal Space also serve as a NW Bass Bash?
[/quote]

Have you been speaking to Karlfer?? Lol. I would need to clear that with the owners
Of the practice room, but the thought did occur to me as a cure for GAS, everyone just bring your gear along and try stuff you a re GASing for and hopefully find out you don't like it.

Back on topic though, I reckons if we can get a couple more people on board we might be in to something guys. If we can get 6-8 people I'll talk to some teachers and try and sort the room