Why become a member? ×

Roqsolid Cab Cover - My Bad Experience

PauBass

Another voice to say that my Roqsolid covers have been fantastic, were perfect first time when i ordered them and by the looks of the scuffs, lines and marks on the covers, have saved my cabs from an awful lot of damage.

Doesn't detract from the fact that you have had a bad experience, but I would say that we should judge them on the many happy customers rather than what seems to be a bit of an isolated incident.

Had numerous covers off them but they have just gone so expensive that i just use Hot Covers now. Never had an issue with Roqsolid (they sent an icorrect cover once but sorted easily enough) its just their prices have gone stupid!

I had a cover made by them, from the dimensions on the cab manufacturers website and it is pretty much spot on. I'd be very annoyed at them getting it wrong 3 times though. I used to have a cover for an old guitar amp made by Silvertone, there are some horror storied about them online, but this cover was incredibly well made. It's like a cab cover lottery.

I was the first person to order a cover for the original Markbass T210 cab from them and even from my exact dimensions it did not fit: handles in the wrong place etc but that was resolved and I believe they used the amended version as the template for subsequent ones. Made in Batley, home of the Variety Club too!

What do you want a cover to do....?
Roqsolid are ok...they do a basic job which is to protect against minor bumps
and keep the cab clean. I think having one will keep value in your cab over a period of time.
I also have Berg and Aguilar covers and they are much heavier/padded but also nearly twice
the price. You want any more protection than a 'carpet type cover' and you are into flight cases.

As long as you load into a car and are aware of banging/bashing things, they do ok.... if I had someone else
loading and chucking things about, then I'd use flight cases.

You pay your money.......... ??

I had one made to for my recently sold acme cab.it was rubbish, gap for the handle in the wrong place, it was fine as a dust cover, but as about as much use as a ashtray on a motorbike.would I buy a roqsolid cover again. Definitely not there are cheaper and better covers available,just my opinion of course.

• 1 month later...

MB1.
My experience with this company has been nothing but positive.
I have had numerous standard Unpadded covers from Roqsolid and have never had a problem with any of them.
I've been quite happy with the quality, level of service and transaction time.
No padded cover is ever going to offer the same protection as a flightcase though.

I bought one and was pretty disappointed. They already had an existing Aguilar GS112 templates but when it arrived it didn't fit correctly. The quality was pretty poor too as the stitching was a bit wonky and was already frayed. Poor quality for what I would say is quite an overpriced product. Like some others in this thread have said, I may use them again if they are the only option but as long as I use gear that has it's own official covers I'll be buying them. I chucked mine in the attic and bought the official Aguilar cover which is infinitely better quality and actually not that much more expensive. You live and learn!

Funny isn't it? totally different experiences from a similar product.

I'm looking at my covers right now, my BF Midget cover has been thrown into the back of the car at least twice a week, mostly 2-3 times that for most weeks including being bundled around with pa and drum gear, and, apart from some white marks picked up from somewhere and the green piping looking a little grubbier in places, it's as new. Cab is unmarked, the cover fits perfectly (including the slightly off-centred handle) and looks set for an eternity of use.

My experiences of own manufacture covers has been poor (and, admittedly limited), with them generally splitting up the seams and V shaped tears from sharp digs.

I'm looking for a cover for my Acme.

Has anyone eve used this manufacturer ?

[url="http://www.hotcovers.co.uk"]http://www.hotcovers.co.uk[/url]

I did email Roqsolid 3 days ago wanting a price, so far they haven't replied.