Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anybody get Kate Bush tickets ?

mikegatward

What a farce with ticketmaster. Every date required resubmitting the request page. Took ages to come through and then 'sold out' on every date we tried for.

Why can't they have a system that shows what actually is still available ?

Had 3 of us all trying to get tickets for any weekend night

Maybe a good fairy will come to the rescue - I just know that something good is going to happen :)

Same thing, and also on the Eventim website as well - on it, I kept getting to the stage of being able to pick tickets for a date, but when I added them to the basket and filled in the captcha, I'd get an error message saying there were no tickets available. I'm not worried which date I go to, so it was frustrating having to pick a date, then see if there were tickets, filling in the captcha each time. Oh well, hopefully more tickets will be released later.

I tried. What i am pissed off with is a site called Get Me In. They are affiliated to Ticketmaster and sellin tickets already for £800 plus a ticket. It is shameful as there are things in place to try to stop touiting, and they are the biggest culprits.
http://www.getmein.com/rock-and-pop/kate-bush-tickets.html

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1396002164' post='2408800']
I tried. What i am pissed off with is a site called Get Me In. They are affiliated to Ticketmaster and sellin tickets already for £800 plus a ticket. It is shameful as there are things in place to try to stop touiting, and they are the biggest culprits.
[url="http://www.getmein.com/rock-and-pop/kate-bush-tickets.html"]http://www.getmein.c...sh-tickets.html[/url]
[/quote]

Word! It's a scandalous crime really. I'm so pissed off I won't be listening to Kate Bush for a while!

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1396002164' post='2408800']
[url="http://www.getmein.com/rock-and-pop/kate-bush-tickets.html"]http://www.getmein.c...sh-tickets.html[/url]
[/quote]

Always the same isn't it? Promoters clearly don't care enough to about touting to do anything about it, desptie all the fine words over the years.

How difficult would it be to limit ticket sales to, say, half a dozen for each credit card number, print the number on the actual ticket and then require everyone attending to have the physical credit card available as proof of ID?

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1396002701' post='2408814']
Always the same isn't it? Promoters clearly don't care enough to about touting to do anything about it, desptie all the fine words over the years.

How difficult would it be to limit ticket sales to, say, half a dozen for each credit card number, print the number on the actual ticket and then require everyone attending to have the physical credit card available as proof of ID?
[/quote]

That's what they're doing for the Kate Bush gigs - tickets are limited to 4 per person, with the lead ticket-holder's name printed on them. ID is required to get in.

Promoters care deeply about touting - they've realised that if people are willing to spend ridiculous sums on tickets, then why should the touts get that money? Unfortunately, it seems that some people really will fork out vast amounts of money for tickets. Do TicketMaster offer a Dutch auction service for tickets yet?

Ticketmaster is colluding with itself. They sell the tickets for the promoter, you buy the face value tickets, you then go to Get Me In, which is Ticketmaster. They make money selling you the ticket in the first place, then let you put it on thier website for a markup, which they make more money from that sale. The promoters must know about it, but still let Ticketmaster make more money from becoming touts.

I thought this was a 'proof of identity' thing to stop touting? how do they match you up with whoever originally bought the tickets and it ID-linked to the ticket you bought? Would you really want to sit next to some smug bastard who you know has just made a fortune off your desperation to see the gig? (OK its always your own choice at the end of the day but you know what I mean).

It never fails to amaze me the humorous ingenuity of people. An advert that just got pulled by eBay. They were totally legit (honest!), given away by Daved Gilmorre from 'that Pink Floyd', to his gardener as thanks for getting rid of his moles. Short lived, but amusing.
P

[url="http://www.getmein.com/rock-and-pop/kate-bush-tickets.html?gclid=COG7uLPctb0CFYjLtAodfi4ANQ&cid=googlea&s_kwcid=AL!95!3!42885500187!e!!s!!kate%20bush%20ticket&ef_id=UxX4lwAAAJ2T5@SL:20140328171014:s"]http://www.getmein.com/rock-and-pop/kate-bush-tickets.html?gclid=COG7uLPctb0CFYjLtAodfi4ANQ&cid=googlea&s_kwcid=AL!95!3!42885500187!e!!s!!kate%20bush%20ticket&ef_id=UxX4lwAAAJ2T5@SL:20140328171014:s[/url] Just out of curiosity I looked at this website, allegedly affiliated with Ticketmaster............read the top paragraph to the left of the photo.... about meeting the seller outside the venue on the night to collect the tickets ! .................which by the way will skin you £825 EACH ................ 'king hell ! I hope the area gets flooded with pickpockets and these touts get robbed themselves!

[quote name='rubis' timestamp='1396027392' post='2409243']
[url="http://www.getmein.com/rock-and-pop/kate-bush-tickets.html?gclid=COG7uLPctb0CFYjLtAodfi4ANQ&cid=googlea&s_kwcid=AL!95!3!42885500187!e!!s!!kate%20bush%20ticket&ef_id=UxX4lwAAAJ2T5@SL:20140328171014:s"]http://www.getmein.c...0140328171014:s[/url] Just out of curiosity I looked at this website, allegedly affiliated with Ticketmaster............read the top paragraph to the left of the photo.... about meeting the seller outside the venue on the night to collect the tickets ! .................which by the way will skin you £825 EACH ................ 'king hell ! I hope the area gets flooded with pickpockets and these touts get robbed themselves!
[/quote]
Ye gods. From that site: Saturday 3oth August, 3 tickets available for the Stalls, for a mere £1430 EACH.

I wonder if Ms Bush knows that this is going on? I would hope that she'd be horrified.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1396012768' post='2409012']
I thought this was a 'proof of identity' thing to stop touting? how do they match you up with whoever originally bought the tickets and it ID-linked to the ticket you bought? Would you really want to sit next to some smug bastard who you know has just made a fortune off your desperation to see the gig? (OK its always your own choice at the end of the day but you know what I mean).
[/quote]

Yes, that's what I don't really understand. Surely the promoters/ticket agencies must be colluding in this profiteering if a standard price ticket can end up being sold for £800+ with the buyer's ID on the ticket.

Get Me In is just a tout site owned by Ticketmaster.There was a channel 4 documentary about the industry a couple of years ago.
Get Me In staff buy loads of tickets on many different credit cards owned by the company and then list them at hugely inflated prices. I'm not sure if the promoters get a cut in these sales but I'd be suprised if they don't otherwise they would probably take steps to cut this out.
It's always the fans that lose out by having to buy tickets at ridiculous prices.
I miss the good old days of turning up at the box office and buying them , things were much simpler then !

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1396040845' post='2409450']
Get Me In is just a tout site owned by Ticketmaster.There was a channel 4 documentary about the industry a couple of years ago.
Get Me In staff buy loads of tickets on many different credit cards owned by the company and then list them at hugely inflated prices.
[/quote]

How do they get around the ID requirements when selling on the tickets at the inflated prices? That's the bit I don't understand.

Don`t encourage these people. If you are daft enough to pay stupid prices, good luck to you.

Go down the Dog and duck and support your local boozer and listen to some live music. And yes, I imagine Kate will be slightly horrified at the scam with her tickets.

Last Chili Peppers tour I got tickets from ticketmaster ( I think ) and was told to take along the card used for payment so it could be checked against my name, and another proof of ID, this was at the O 2 in London. Got to gig and walked to ticket checkers who looked at the ticket for a nano second and we walked straight in. Great anti-tout security.

Black Stone Cherry tickets for their last 4 UK shows were the same. Sold out by 9am on release day, but instantly available on getmein (advertised on the ticketmaster website) for a huge mark up.
That got as far as the band and they did make comment, but only to say that ticket sales were out of their control and that they would be back later in the year. I think they missed the point somewhat. Ticketmaster are the worst touts I know. Scum, but they get away with it every time.