Why become a member? ×

The little things in life....

gary mac

I love messing about on basses/guitars too Gary. I spent a good hour installing a new pickup and Ki0gon wiring loom into my MIK Squier Precision on Sat, cleaning the fretboard, then putting new strings on., sorting intonation/pickup heights/truss rod etc. Great way to pass the time.

OK Clarky, I'm in.............

I'm playing a skiffle gig tomorrow and will be using my electro-acoustical bass through my first edition Ashdown Perfect Ten. :)

OTOH I've been an total softie this afternoon.
My Son turned up for a cuppa on his way home from work and to tell me that my10yo Grandson can play a couple of Green Day songs on his little brothers toy nylon strung acoustic.
I sent my Son off home with my old Alden Zemaitisalike and Epi Valve Junior complete with free lead, plectrum and the promise of a strap.
The phone call of thanks from my Grandson absolutely choked me - to use his words "so cool".
A little thing, but so much pleasure..........

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1392057917' post='2364195']
... OTOH I've been an total softie this afternoon.
My Son turned up for a cuppa on his way home from work and to tell me that my10yo Grandson can play a couple of Green Day songs on his little brothers toy nylon strung acoustic.
I sent my Son off home with my old Alden Zemaitisalike and Epi Valve Junior complete with free lead, plectrum and the promise of a strap.
The phone call of thanks from my Grandson absolutely choked me - to use his words "so cool".
A little thing, but so much pleasure..........
[/quote]

That's cool.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1392048403' post='2364013']
.....can be so pleasurable.

Just spent an hour or so cleaning and restringing my Wal and G&L and it has made me very happy.

I'm so easily pleased these days :)
[/quote]
Good on you!

So nice to see such a positive topic..........happiness is very underrated these days.

Edited by White Cloud

After being robbed of my beloved iPad in Stockholm two weeks ago, I bought a replacement and discovered today that I had (unknowingly) backed up my old one on iCloud and I have regained everything I lost on my new iPad :)

On bass matters, I had a buzzing A string in a set of Pyramid Black Nylon flats on my Jazz bass. I sent Pyramid an email to ask how I could buy a replacement and they sent me a new one gratis from Germany with first-class post. Lovely customer service and my Jazz now plays beautifully :D

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1392062458' post='2364296']
After being robbed of my beloved iPad in Stockholm two weeks ago, I bought a replacement and discovered today that I had (unknowingly) backed up my old one on iCloud and I have regained everything I lost on my new iPad :)
[/quote]

Yay! Nice one. :i-m_so_happy:

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1392048403' post='2364013']
.....can be so pleasurable.

Just spent an hour or so cleaning and restringing my Wal and G&L and it has made me very happy.

I'm so easily pleased these days :)
[/quote]

So all it takes to make you happy is a couple of the best basses that money can buy? You are obviously a man of my own simple tastes, and I salute you! :)