Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash 2014 - With Pictures

Si600

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1394844057' post='2396002']
Since I agreed to attend I've noticed my band's diary now has a wedding gig listed on May 10th which wasn't there before. Hopefully I'll still get to call in briefly but if we need to be at the gig to set up ridiculously early (it sometimes happens) I'll have to pull out, sorry folks.
[/quote]

Oh no, who's going to bring the cake? ! :-0

Hello! I hope to be able to make it. I will bring half my rig and my Warwicks if I have enough space for them. I intend to bring:
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 x Warwick FNA Jazzman 5 string, fretted and fretless[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 x Warwick 6 string Corvette active model[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Genz Benz Shuttlemax 9.2[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]BBE BMax-T[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Warwick WCA 411 cabinet[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am very interested in the basses listed, particularly the Gibson TBirds; never tried one but would love to. [/font][/color][size=4][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Norris' basses and equipment looks to be interesting.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Si600 - The Bass Relay Baton - BC Bass Relay[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Roland Rock - '78 P, W&T Ergon 5, Rocket Rig or GlockenRig[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. 4-string-thing - '78 (77?) P, Kala U Bass and either my Acoustic 220 or Minimark[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Pantherairsoft - Roscoe LG V Sig, lots of effects, EBS/Barefaced rig (possibly)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. KevB - USA Precision Deluxe (if not sold by then)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. Doyle - V940, ME-20B, Random self build[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. intime-nick - maybe my Shuker, Sandberg, rack & pedalboard etc[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]8. andydye (if I can get agreement from swmbo) - ACG 5'er fretted and fretless, MarkBass LMIII, EAD Foundation 212, some pedals[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]9. DaytonaRik - Ashdown ABM III 1x15 combo and 2x10 extension cab, another Thunderbird IV, Schecter Omen Extreme IV, maybe a Cort (I think?) headless Flying V if I do something with it in time![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]10. seashell - Fender P[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]11. Norris - Ric 4003, Gibosn T-bird, StaggEUB, Combo amp[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]12. Eboclive - Wal 5, ltd edition Warwick fretless[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]13. GrammeFriday - MTD KZ6 (with Nordstrand pups), MTD AG5, Sandberg Cali fretless 4, MIJ 62 reissue Jazz, TC Electronic RH750, RS210 and/or RS212, some fx boxes.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]14. Chairleg - Italia Maranello and one of those build it yourself bass kits I put together.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]15. tauzero - perm any several from Warwick JD Thumb, an Antoniotsai or two, Status Series 1 (low-mileage BC bike), Sei Original everythingless, Ashbory Mk 1 and possibly Mk II, Tecamp Puma 900, TC RS112[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]16. Prime_BASS - Genz Benz shuttle 6.0, barefaced S.Compact some effects.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]17. Cytania - cheap Moose Antlers![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]18. Chris Sharman - Cake. That is all[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]19 Dread Bass: ACG Recurve 6, ACG Recurve 7, Alembic Epic, Warwick fortress MM ALL LEFTY (Full Aguilar rig if required) [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]20. Annoying Twit (to be confirmed)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]21. TG Flatline - Cog Effects gear + 2 x BFM Jack 15s (transport permitting)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]22. skelf (tbc) - various[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]23. Jabba_the_gut (tbc) - home made basses[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]24. Marcus Bell - Status Kingbass + gb4[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]25. seb - bass and pedals[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]26. Basschatfield - Yamaha RBX270J, pedalboard, Ashdown EVO II combo [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]27. Len Derby - Yamaha Bex4 semi-acoustic, Roland Micro-Cube, chocolate biscuits [/font][/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]28. 72deluxe - Warwicks and GB rig + Warwick cab[/font][/color][/size]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Rich[/font][/color]

Edited by 72deluxe

Out of interest, how do these things typically go? I can imagine with that amount of bass players in one room, there is opportunity for a plethora of noise at one time and extreme hearing fatigue, very much like the pounding headaches you get after going to the guitar show or something. How do you stop things turning into a slaptastic slapping festival at obscene volumes? Is there some plan?

Wire cutters :P

This is the first bash that Roland and I have organised. We've got the room but it's not huge, we thought it best to start small as TBH I don't think either of us expected such a level of interest, for which we are both humbled.

However, it is this level of interest that has led us to restrict the amount of rigs and basses just so that we can try and keep a lid on any slapfest that should occur.

The room has access from the car park, so if the weather is clement we can spill out there should the noise become excessive. If not, then the main atrium is available but we haven't booked this and it's effectively a free space for all the other users of the building at the time.

Hope that helps. I'm sure we'll all get on famously and no-one will get carried away but if a volume war kicks off then we reserve the right to ask you to turn it down :)

That sounds good. I suppose you could get people to set up rigs in two camps at different ends of the room, so people can at least turn towards the one side and cover one ear to listen to one amp; nobody is planning on running a stereo rig are they? Best of success herding us around!
Looking forward to it, a lovely list of gear looks to be coming along.

Tell everyone to bring headphones just in case?

Edited by 72deluxe

We should have a large neon made that flashes 'TURN THE f*** DOWN' which can be deployed in emergencies. Maybe if someone could get hold of a cheap air horn as a warning when it's getting uncomfortably loud/slap-happy? I've def got a gig that Sat but still hoping to get there for at least while as I promised tea/coffee/milk/biccies.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1395931822' post='2408112'] Very sorry guys, but I am not going to make it to the event. I'm not going to be away with work over that weekend making it impossible for me to get. Bad timing. My apologies. Take me off the next list that gets published. :( [/quote]

That means we will get three extra full size rigs into the space that would have been taken up by Shep's pedalboard ;) Only jokjing mate, would have been nice to have said hi to you again, been a while.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1396011967' post='2408994']
That means we will get three extra full size rigs into the space that would have been taken up by Shep's pedalboard ;) Only jokjing mate, would have been nice to have said hi to you again, been a while.
[/quote]

It has been ages! I'm fairly confident that this will not be last local meet up though! :)

I am up for this having missed two Moffatt Bass Bashes ( Scotland) now in Leicester Buddeh!

1. Si600 - The Bass Relay Baton - BC Bass Relay
2. Roland Rock - '78 P, W&T Ergon 5, Rocket Rig or GlockenRig
3. 4-string-thing - '78 (77?) P, Kala U Bass and either my Acoustic 220 or Minimark
4. Pantherairsoft - Roscoe LG V Sig, lots of effects, EBS/Barefaced rig (possibly)
5. KevB - USA Precision Deluxe (if not sold by then)
6. Doyle - V940, ME-20B, Random self build
7. intime-nick - maybe my Shuker, Sandberg, rack & pedalboard etc
8. andydye (if I can get agreement from swmbo) - ACG 5'er fretted and fretless, MarkBass LMIII, EAD Foundation 212, some pedals
9. DaytonaRik - Ashdown ABM III 1x15 combo and 2x10 extension cab, another Thunderbird IV, Schecter Omen Extreme IV, maybe a Cort (I think?) headless Flying V if I do something with it in time!
10. seashell - Fender P
11. Norris - Ric 4003, Gibosn T-bird, StaggEUB, Combo amp
12. Eboclive - Wal 5, ltd edition Warwick fretless
13. GrammeFriday - MTD KZ6 (with Nordstrand pups), MTD AG5, Sandberg Cali fretless 4, MIJ 62 reissue Jazz, TC Electronic RH750, RS210 and/or RS212, some fx boxes.
14. Chairleg - Italia Maranello and one of those build it yourself bass kits I put together.
15. tauzero - perm any several from Warwick JD Thumb, an Antoniotsai or two, Status Series 1 (low-mileage BC bike), Sei Original everythingless, Ashbory Mk 1 and possibly Mk II, Tecamp Puma 900, TC RS112
16. Prime_BASS - Genz Benz shuttle 6.0, barefaced S.Compact some effects.
17. Cytania - cheap Moose Antlers!
18. Chris Sharman - Cake. That is all
19 Dread Bass: ACG Recurve 6, ACG Recurve 7, Alembic Epic, Warwick fortress MM ALL LEFTY (Full Aguilar rig if required)
20. Annoying Twit (to be confirmed)
21. TG Flatline - Cog Effects gear + 2 x BFM Jack 15s (transport permitting)
22. skelf (tbc) - various
23. Jabba_the_gut (tbc) - home made basses
24. Marcus Bell - Status Kingbass + gb4
25. seb - bass and pedals
26. Basschatfield - Yamaha RBX270J, pedalboard, Ashdown EVO II combo
27. Len Derby - Yamaha Bex4 semi-acoustic, Roland Micro-Cube, chocolate biscuits
28. 72deluxe - Warwicks and GB rig + Warwick cab
29. Oldman - Walkabout Scout and Ruach Fretted and Fretless 5ivers

What a GAS

Edited by Oldman

• 2 weeks later...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Si600 - The Bass Relay Baton - BC Bass Relay[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Roland Rock - '78 P, W&T Ergon 5, Rocket Rig or GlockenRig[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. 4-string-thing - '78 (77?) P, Kala U Bass and either my Acoustic 220 or Minimark[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. KevB - USA Precision Deluxe (if not sold by then)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. Doyle - V940, ME-20B, Random self build[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. intime-nick - maybe my Shuker, Sandberg, rack & pedalboard etc[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. andydye (if I can get agreement from swmbo) - ACG 5'er fretted and fretless, MarkBass LMIII, EAD Foundation 212, some pedals[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]8. DaytonaRik - Ashdown ABM III 1x15 combo and 2x10 extension cab, another Thunderbird IV, Schecter Omen Extreme IV, maybe a Cort (I think?) headless Flying V if I do something with it in time![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]9. seashell - Fender P[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]10. Norris - Ric 4003, Gibosn T-bird, StaggEUB, Combo amp[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]11. Eboclive - Wal 5, ltd edition Warwick fretless[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]12. GrammeFriday - MTD KZ6 (with Nordstrand pups), MTD AG5, Sandberg Cali fretless 4, MIJ 62 reissue Jazz, TC Electronic RH750, RS210 and/or RS212, some fx boxes.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]13. Chairleg - Italia Maranello and one of those build it yourself bass kits I put together.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]14. tauzero - perm any several from Warwick JD Thumb, an Antoniotsai or two, Status Series 1 (low-mileage BC bike), Sei Original everythingless, Ashbory Mk 1 and possibly Mk II, Tecamp Puma 900, TC RS112[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]15. Prime_BASS - Genz Benz shuttle 6.0, barefaced S.Compact some effects.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]16. Cytania - cheap Moose Antlers![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]17. Chris Sharman - Cake. That is all[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]18. Dread Bass: ACG Recurve 6, ACG Recurve 7, Alembic Epic, Warwick fortress MM ALL LEFTY (Full Aguilar rig if required) [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]19. Annoying Twit (to be confirmed)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]20. TG Flatline - Cog Effects gear + 2 x BFM Jack 15s (transport permitting)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]21. skelf (tbc) - various[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]22. Jabba_the_gut (tbc) - home made basses[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]23. Marcus Bell - Status Kingbass + gb4[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]24. seb - bass and pedals[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]25. Basschatfield - Yamaha RBX270J, pedalboard, Ashdown EVO II combo [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]26. Len Derby - Yamaha Bex4 semi-acoustic, Roland Micro-Cube, chocolate biscuits [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]27. 72deluxe - Warwicks and GB rig + Warwick cab[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]28. Oldman - Walkabout Scout and Ruach Fretted and Fretless 5ivers[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I just realised that pantherairsoft was still on the list :)[/font][/color]

Edited by Si600