Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash 2014 - With Pictures

Si600

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Si600 - No gear, I expect to be too busy and I've nothing exotic or interesting![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Roland Rock - '78 P, W&T Ergon 5, Rocket Rig or GlockenRig[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. 4-string-thing - '78 (77?) P, Kala U Bass and either my Acoustic 220 or Minimark[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Pantherairsoft - Roscoe LG V Sig, lots of effects, EBS/Barefaced rig (possibly)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. KevB - USA Precision Deluxe (if not sold by then)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. Doyle - V940, ME-20B, Random self build[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. intime-nick - maybe my Shuker, Sandberg, rack & pedalboard etc[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]8. andydye (if I can get agreement from swmbo) - ACG 5'er fretted and fretless, MarkBass LMIII, EAD Foundation 212, some pedals[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]9. DaytonaRik - Ashdown ABM III 1x15 combo and 2x10 extension cab, another Thunderbird IV, Schecter Omen Extreme IV, maybe a Cort (I think?) headless Flying V if I do something with it in time![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]10. seashell - Fender P[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]11. Norris - Ric 4003, Gibosn T-bird, StaggEUB, Combo amp[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]12. Eboclive - Wal 5, ltd edition Warwick fretless[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]13. GrammeFriday - MTD KZ6 (with Nordstrand pups), MTD AG5, Sandberg Cali fretless 4, MIJ 62 reissue Jazz, TC Electronic RH750, RS210 and/or RS212, some fx boxes.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]14. Chairleg - Italia Maranello and one of those build it yourself bass kits I put together.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]15. tauzero - perm any several from Warwick JD Thumb, an Antoniotsai or two, Status Series 1 (low-mileage BC bike), Sei Original everythingless, Ashbory Mk 1 and possibly Mk II, Tecamp Puma 900, TC RS112[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]16. Prime_BASS - Genz Benz shuttle 6.0, barefaced S.Compact some effects.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]17. Cytania - cheap Moose Antlers![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Si600 - No gear, I expect to be too busy and I've nothing exotic or interesting![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Roland Rock - '78 P, W&T Ergon 5, Rocket Rig or GlockenRig[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. 4-string-thing - '78 (77?) P, Kala U Bass and either my Acoustic 220 or Minimark[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Pantherairsoft - Roscoe LG V Sig, lots of effects, EBS/Barefaced rig (possibly)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. KevB - USA Precision Deluxe (if not sold by then)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. Doyle - V940, ME-20B, Random self build[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. intime-nick - maybe my Shuker, Sandberg, rack & pedalboard etc[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]8. andydye (if I can get agreement from swmbo) - ACG 5'er fretted and fretless, MarkBass LMIII, EAD Foundation 212, some pedals[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]9. DaytonaRik - Ashdown ABM III 1x15 combo and 2x10 extension cab, another Thunderbird IV, Schecter Omen Extreme IV, maybe a Cort (I think?) headless Flying V if I do something with it in time![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]10. seashell - Fender P[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]11. Norris - Ric 4003, Gibosn T-bird, StaggEUB, Combo amp[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]12. Eboclive - Wal 5, ltd edition Warwick fretless[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]13. GrammeFriday - MTD KZ6 (with Nordstrand pups), MTD AG5, Sandberg Cali fretless 4, MIJ 62 reissue Jazz, TC Electronic RH750, RS210 and/or RS212, some fx boxes.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]14. Chairleg - Italia Maranello and one of those build it yourself bass kits I put together.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]15. tauzero - perm any several from Warwick JD Thumb, an Antoniotsai or two, Status Series 1 (low-mileage BC bike), Sei Original everythingless, Ashbory Mk 1 and possibly Mk II, Tecamp Puma 900, TC RS112[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]16. Prime_BASS - Genz Benz shuttle 6.0, barefaced S.Compact some effects.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]17. Cytania - cheap Moose Antlers![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]18. Chris Sharman - Cake. That is all.[/font][/color]

When Simon first PMed me about organising this bass bash, he said "build it and they will come" and he was right! We're both bowled over by the positive uptake; it's great that so many are up for it.

The only concern now is that we are running out of space for gear! Because this is a bit of a pilot bash, we went for a medium sized venue, but looking at the number of rigs and basses on the list, any more and it might be a squeeze. The room is booked and paid for, so changing venue is not an option.

We would like to put forward the following:

Amps/combos: We draw the line at nine - We understand that many want to show off their gear, and compare/try out different makes. For those who are bringing a rig just as something to play through, it would be great if you can do it through other rigs in the room. I will bring my GlockenRig (Glockenklang Soul head and Barefaced Super Twin cab, a very transparent rig) which you are welcome to use as a 'house rig', and I'm sure others will not mind you plugging into their rigs too.

Basses: These are easier to stash away when not in use, but we would like to encourage a maximum of two basses each. It's more of a request than an iron rule, but we don't want to be tripping up over expensive basses! I've noticed that someone else is bringing a late 70s P, so I won't bother bringing mine.

People: The more the merrier (as long as we don't have 50 basses in the room at the same time!) Although we can only have the gear in one room, we can also make use of the large atrium, small kitchen, and the car park (if the weather is nice)

Thanks folks

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='4-string-thing' timestamp='1391980524' post='2363303']
I was hoping there would be a couple of late 70's P basses to compare mine to, as It's the only one I've ever played! (I've owned mine for 35 years)
[/quote]
If that's the case, I'll bring mine and just make sure it doesn't get in the way. It's a VERY typical example - weighs a ton, neck pocket gap, sounds great :-)

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1391993079' post='2363453']
Not wishing to put a dampener on things, but past experience of Midlands events shows that we might expect a lot of people to drop out at the last minute. I think you're right to put a limit on gear, but I'm sure the space will be fine. :-)
[/quote]

Thanks :-) Yeah, looking at past bash threads, there are always those for whom something comes up at the last minute. I had worst-case scenario visions of being unable to move (or hear) due to gear everywhere, so had to play it safe. If nothing else, we have a responsibility to not have the fire exits blocked up with Ampegs and Foderas! :-D

Looking forward to it.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1391992124' post='2363446']
There are 6 rigs(that I can read at least) with 1 or two being maybes.
I suggest that if someone can't bring so rig and someone else does and can then they effectively take their spot on the rig list?
[/quote]

That seems like the sensible approach :-)

Edited by Roland Rock

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]18. Chris Sharman - Cake. That is all[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]19 Dread Bass: ACG Recurve 6, ACG Recurve 7, Alembic Epic, Warwick fortress MM ALL LEFTY (Full Aguilar rig if required) [/font][/color]

Just thought I'd drop by to say that I won't be attending. Not because I don't want to, but because I'll have moved house and will be residing in London by the time it swings around! Sorry guys, I was looking forward to being able to show off my Alpher to everyone. :(

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1391795395' post='2361451']
If this does not conflict with the show in Edinburgh I might try to get down to this.
[/quote]

That would be great Alan, I'm really keen to try out your filter preamps, and perhaps get some advice on how easily one would fit in my bass.

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1393090400' post='2376132']

That would be great Alan, I'm really keen to try out your filter preamps, and perhaps get some advice on how easily one would fit in my bass.
[/quote]

I should be there and will be bringing my pair of acgs, one custom 5 with filter pre and one graft fretless 5 with east pre along with my ead 212 cab :)

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1393091409' post='2376151']

I should be there and will be bringing my pair of acgs, one custom 5 with filter pre and one graft fretless 5 with east pre along with my ead 212 cab :)
[/quote]

I'll take that as an offer for me to try them, rather than just showing off ;-)
Thanks very much

[quote name='Eboclive' timestamp='1391733532' post='2360856']

Scratchplates for Jazz, Precision, Stingray?

[/quote]

Hi Eboclive

You may have a customer, there! For a while now, I've been toying with the idea of getting a whitepearl, vintage whitepearl or tort guard for my EBMM Stingray 4H (as featured in avatar) so if you have one of those I will deffo bring my 'ray along.