Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash 2014 - With Pictures

Si600

Still getting inspired by Saturday, been playing 'Join Together (With The Band)' by the Who because of the tones [b]in-time-Nick[/b] got off his reliced Sandberg5 and pedal board effects rig. It was very Entwistle-esque with the whole bass-harmonica sound from Join Together's mid-section coming off the low B string. Oh and the octave+synth sound was a laugh as well. It was like an invisible DJ was there in the room scratching vinyl on invisible decks.

I'm coining a new word for it all - funspirational!

I'm just curious if any alembic basses where there and what anyone trying one out for the FIRST time thought about them?
I really wanted to come along and bring mine but I was gigging friday, didn't have time after travelling back on saturday.
I hope it went well.
Maybe I can get to a meetbup in the Midlands if there is another one.
Jazzyvee

Edited by jazzyvee

Glad to see everyone had a great time. I was looking forward to it being my first bash, but the world had different plans for me and I ended up moving to London. Looked like a lot of fun and like there was plenty on offer to try out too! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Chris, you can come to the South East and/or Herts bashes now that you live in London :)

I've finally got round to collecting Roland Rock's photos from here and the Bass Relay thread, collating them and copying the relevant captions into a separate entry in my music blog:
http://wp.me/p2ZbyY-hi
Any additional body text or corrections etc. welcome, as always - just let me know :)